Brewer Fanatic

Brewers/Gomez avoid arbitration

markedman5

Yep, Boras. He would have been a great example of a guy to get and extend a couple years cheap if he had a different agent. I think there is 1% chance they can even get close on something. I wouldn't mind using him as a trade piece for some more prospects. I'm cool with a youth movement right now.

That was a lot more than I expected. How much more would Gomez have even went to arbitration for? Seems like they gave up money not to go through the hassle of the arby.

Gomez was expected to attain around $4.7 million through arbitration.

I guess it's not impossible for a Boras client to sign an extension (Weaver did), but I think it has to be something that the player absolutely positively insists on. And while Gomez likes it here it seems, I just don't think he's that player that wants to stay in Milwaukee no matter what.

Hardy was dreadful at the plate last year. .282 OBP.

He had a .305 OBP last year. He was a slightly above average offensive player for a CF. When you add in baserunning and defense he was certainly above average overall which makes this a bargain.

Hardy was dreadful at the plate last year. .282 OBP.

He had a .305 OBP last year. He was a slightly above average offensive player for a CF. When you add in baserunning and defense he was certainly above average overall which makes this a bargain.

The original OBP is in reference to JJ Hardy, not Carlos Gomez.

Other than hitting a few more homers Gomez was the player he'd been his whole career last year. He didn't walk much or hit for average but played great defense and stole some bases.

Archived