Brewer Fanatic

Fan-tastic Forty 2013

hawing

I just realized that I have had no chance of winning any of the years because the rules say that the winner will be notified by phone and anyone that they cannot reach in 2 days the drawing will be reheld. I give the Brewers and most businesses that I don't want calling me the number to my fax machine which will not ring through :)) Ooops.

I could handle paying 1982 prices for my 2014 season tickets!

As for the actual drawing, I have no idea how they do it. I recall talking to my ticket rep about it last year and he told me that the majority of the winners are companies that have full season ticket packages to use for clients. He said that, so far, it has been rare when an individual PERSON has won any of the prizes.

I would assume that if a company wins the prize then either that company's rep wins or they hold an in-house drawing with their company members to see who wins it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I understand giving big companies and full season ticket holders perks....but if they are really doing that on purpose, that's wrong IMO. You can't advertise it as a fan giveaway and then give a majority of the awards to your biggest company season ticket holders.

Despite that, it's still almost impossible to win. There are only 40 prizes and an incredibly large number of full, half and 20 game season ticket holders.

I don't believe he told me that they do it on purpose. I think that it just ends up that way because there are so many companies, large and small, that buy a ticket package to use to woo clients or potential clients.

Regardless, the odds are not in an individual's favor. Oh, well. Even if I won, I'd likely not be able to cash in, being in AZ full-time.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I have a pair of 20-pack tickets and won one of the prizes two offseasons ago. They contacted me several days before they announced it on their website. From there, I worked with my ticket rep and another ticket rep to organize the event (since it didn't have to be on a specific date). It is a legitimate fan giveaway.

Sure, it was the Party in the Clubhouse. As described by the Brewers: Host a party for you and 19 guests during the offseason in the visitor's clubhouse, catered by DNC Sportservice.

I really enjoyed it. It also included a guided tour of Miller Park. It looks like they may have replaced it with another giveaway this year.

Archived