Brewer Fanatic

2013 Bobble pics (Latest: Gorman Thomas Pilots Uniform and Ben Oglivie)

TURBO
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beware...there WILL be a bunch of schmuks trying to sell their "rare" powder blues on the bay, and some will fall for the bit thus driving up the price anyway...

Yup, they are out there, and people are falling for it left and right. They will be unhappy when they finally figure out that the blue and white versions were produced in the same quantity. lol

I sat next to a guy who opened his to find a blue one, high fives within his group ensued, then I dropped the bomb on them, and suddenly they were not as happy.

I am a dream killer.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm. What what happens to all the eBay people who pre-sold "retros."

That's what happens when you assume....lol

Looks like there are going to be a lot of refunds.

(I am still thinking there will be retros, I won't believe they aren't doing them until I see it with my own eyes)

this looks like good news for someone who wishes for no alternates!!!

ps - i'd thought this was a no-brainer for an alt. maybe brewers team is hearing the groans from the posters on bf.net - ok maybe not.

BCF, What are your feelings on the following subjects:

1. How do you think the Hot Dog Stitch n Pitch looks?

2. How do you feel about the fact there will be no retro Braun?

;)

Figures... I knew it was too good to be true.

Prepare for the flood of Braun bobbles on ebay, and the over priced retro versions as well.

:(

Imagine my surprise looking in the box and finding a retro when I thought it wouldn't happen. I only brag bc I was zero for my last 99. (I think molitor 04 was the last time). And on that day almost 10y ago we bought extra Bernie seats for $5

Its been about a year for me, my last alternate was the Tony Plush from last season. The girl sitting next to me got a retro, but couldn't grasp the concept that going through different lines makes no difference when there are 5k alternates randomly placed in the cases of bobbles.

The hawing party scored one of each style of Braun bobble. This confounded the fan sitting next to us because we went through the same line and accepted bobbles from the same box. By literally the 3rd inning, the seat neighbor was checking eBay on his phone to see how quickly a retro bobble was posted. (Sorry if that was one of you.)

Our history with alternate bobbles is not vast, so this was a nice surprise. (Neither is for sale, in case you were wondering.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived