Brewer Fanatic

2013 Bobble pics (Latest: Gorman Thomas Pilots Uniform and Ben Oglivie)

TURBO

I find it really hard to believe there will be alternates of the Hart bobble.

I was hoping for no retro but I won't kid myself and claim I'm going to change anything. I'll still be getting each and every one. I imagine it will be like the Counsell one (I think that was the one) that only came in one edition.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree with you on the Hart, and I would think that the Gomez with the gold jersey will not have an alternate either, but they did Aramis in the gold jersey last year as the alternate, so anything is possible.

Doubt they will do 2 of Gorman in the Pilots uniform.

It would make complete sense to do Kuenn, Oglivie, Aaron, Braun and Scott though, and if they do the 50/50 plan, it makes it a lot easier on the collectors that is for sure.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Not when you start adding in the minor league bobbles...

Not as many minor leaguers and off shoots this year as last though....at least, that we know about anyway.

Spring Training Mini Braun

T-Rats Erickson, Lucroy, mystery, and fan's choice

Nashville Sounds Dickey and paintable Ozzie

Hunstville Stars Coles and Undetermined bobble

FYI the Hart bobble isn't modeled after the 1923 Milwaukee Bears negros league team. It's representing the 1913 Milwaukee Brewers minor league team. The team that supposedly Selig honored by bringing the Pilots to Mke and changing name to Brewers.

With this recent update I'm gonna get a handful of these and the minor league ones and that'll be it. 10 years of collecting and trying to get everyone that's come out has run it's course. Don't have the space for em currently and i know I can always find em if I change my mind later.

This is part of the reason I got out of baseball cards 20 some years ago, and the same reason I've lost interest in bobbleheads now. When things begin to be marketed as "limited edition, collectable, and rare" it becomes the opposite of that.

All true, but I'm addicted. I wish I had your sensibility.

With this recent update I'm gonna get a handful of these and the minor league ones and that'll be it. 10 years of collecting and trying to get everyone that's come out has run it's course. Don't have the space for em currently and i know I can always find em if I change my mind later.

This is part of the reason I got out of baseball cards 20 some years ago, and the same reason I've lost interest in bobbleheads now. When things begin to be marketed as "limited edition, collectable, and rare" it becomes the opposite of that.

Mini Brauns:

$25 + free shipping = $25

$36.08 + $5.99 = $42.07

$38 + $6.95 = $44.95

$34 + $5 = $39

$34.88 + 6.95 = $41.83

$32.50 + $5.60 = $38.10

$32.50 + $5.60 = $38.10

$44.99 + $5.95 = $50.85

Average of $39.99 each, dropping another $4.12 each on average...

1st batch averaged $48.70

2nd batch averaged $44.11

About a $9 drop total.

I "heard" there were going to be 50% powder blue and 50% white uniforms on George Scott.

I have not had it verified from anyone for certain, but that is the rumor I heard.

I like that better than the typical alternate/retro ratio, won't be that difficult or expensive to get both.

I'll be at the game, and will have 6 of them, so hopefully I get both editions if there are actually 2 of them.

oh on a totally separate topic. i'd heard MP authorities apparently have a major crackdown on the bobble vultures. i know very little on this as i'd not attended that many "all-fan" brewer bobble days at MP. i'd heard theres a small army of ppl trying to get their hands on these SGA but never seen it. i did notice around home plate main entrance there was a guy saying "$5" under his breath. later on i'd talked to one of the sellers i'd done some repeat biz with and he'd told me a few things like:

* folks on grounds seen by authorities trying to buy or solicit for bobbleheads are cited and then ejected. (unverified)

* folks on grounds seen by authorities trying to buy or solicit for bobbleheads for a 2nd time are arrested. (unverified)

* theres an inside job ongoing where one of the employees is getting paid off and handing over SGA. apparently even after snitching, their boss or boss's boss basically looks the other way. (unverified)

i take it with a grain of salt but obviously there are improprieties when stuff like this floats around. also observed a few things from aoki day.

* guy i sat next to said he didnt even want to have the bobble. and he'd reluctantly took it and gladly sold it for $5. i'd joked with him about the beer for bobble exchange.

* fans walking around are like vultures looking for discarded bobbles under seats. many are mischievous.

* we'd had a dozen tix and walked into every door all directions. and grand total loot of pinstriped alts = zippo!! i wouldve thought variants were a myth but i'd noticed many pulled. just not us!

There are definitely guys doing that. I don't have a problem with it. If people are willing to sell them, what's the big deal? One of them does it routinely and I always buy from him for cheap when I can't make the games. I get the regulars off him for $10. If he's going to all that trouble to make $5 a bobble, let him.

I go with my dad or roommate and neither collects. We always go in different doors. The bobbles come in boxes marked either regular or mixed. So it's tough to get 2 retros back to back. I've had decent success. I've probably pulled a retro about 1/3 of the times I've gone on bobble day. Probably 5/15 or so.

I know someone who went with a group of 5 to the Aoki game, and pulled 4 out of 5 retros...

A couple years ago, I went to the McGehee game, and the lady sitting directly behind me had 4 tickets, and 4 retro McGehees.

I had 4 people with me, and none of us drew a retro. She would not trade, and she would not sell. She was going straight to ebay. Which was stupid, since she would pay the ebay fees and by the time she was done, could have sold me one and avoided the fees and shipping. She had ebay on her mind, so I stopped the conversation once I saw she was going to hold her ground.

I love the half and half. Unfortunately I can't make the game so I'll be looking for both.

Beware...there WILL be a bunch of schmuks trying to sell their "rare" powder blues on the bay, and some will fall for the bit thus driving up the price anyway...

Half and half on Scott confirmed.

This is good news, If they MUST do the multiples of each bobble, I hope this is the way they go in the future.

I wonder if the Hart and Braun will have retros/multiples/variants/etc...

I've tried telling this to Brewers officials but it's really annoying and stupid to have either white or retro. Do a retro regular, navy alternate. A gray home and a navy away alternate. Do a Navy home and a white alternate.

Don't even announce what the regulars and alternates are. That would really cause havok on ebay and make people freak out.

Archived