Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Baseball 2013

reillymcshane

I'm a fan of who gets the most opportunity. Aoki Leading off vs Gomez at 7th.

Though players like Gomez who has power upside but lower OB seeing them bat 7th means that the OB hurts less since it's an 0 for 4 vs an 0 for 5 at the top of the lineup.

You can probably roll either way and be happy with it. I would say the Aoki though being atop a lineup/SBs and Runs expectant would likely bring you something in trade. Vs what Gomez can bring you in trade.

Ya I've been going Aoki but of course with him cold, and Gomez hot, I was wondering if I was thinking about it wrongly before. I will ride this streak out and hopefully they can both be hot! The nice thing about being the only Brewer fan in the league is I have time before others catch on to a player. Segura has been a nice addition (I drafted a SS late that didn't work out).

Would you drop Matt Carpenter or Brett Gardner for Nolan Arenado?

This is a keeper league, but I hate chasing prospects and I don't know much about Arenado.

I like Carpenter because of his position eligibility and he bats in a solid Cards lineup. I don't like him because he is a Card (I already have Neck tat, Holliday, and Miller) and I don't see him being much more than a solid player.

I don't want to drop Gardner because his increase in power seems legit and he hasn't started stealing bases yet.

What do you think?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Would you drop Matt Carpenter or Brett Gardner for Nolan Arenado?

This is a keeper league, but I hate chasing prospects and I don't know much about Arenado.

I like Carpenter because of his position eligibility and he bats in a solid Cards lineup. I don't like him because he is a Card (I already have Neck tat, Holliday, and Miller) and I don't see him being much more than a solid player.

I don't want to drop Gardner because his increase in power seems legit and he hasn't started stealing bases yet.

What do you think?

I think Arenado is gonna be a stud. I guess it all depends on who your other OF/3B are and whether you have steals covered. Personally, I'd probably drop Carpenter for Arenado. Sure the position eligibility is nice but I don't think he's gonna be in the same class as Arenado.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling the need to rid my team in a 14 team mixer of Jon Niese. Unfortunately would have to drop Fujikawa to do it (he is stashed on my DL currently). Would pick up Brett Anderson to put on my DL and then pick up either Hector Santiago for his two start week coming up, or Hernandez for his start tomorrow.

I'd like to keep Fujikawa since I think he will end up being the closer. Other droppable options are Lackey, Hughes, and Cashner.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, I made the Hellacious mistake of trading for Brett Lawrie during the time Ryan Zimmerman was out on the DL. I traded away Alex Cobb.

My staff currently sits like this:

Yu Darvish,Max Scherzer,Kris Medlen,Matt Harvey,Marco Estrada,Shelby Miller as having Drafted.

I drafted Alex Cobb.

I drafted and DL slotted Brandon Beachy

I picked up Patrick Corbin April 6th which was his first start of the season dropping Dan Staily.

And then I picked up Andrew Cashner as my fill in after trading away Cobb.

I ride with a slot to stream a 2 start pitcher in a week but currently I'm rolling with Jason Vargas.

Oh, this is a h2h 12team league with cats of K,ERA,Whip,Win,QS,Sv.

I have Rafael Soriano for my closer and hiccup picked up Frank Rodriquez when Henderson went...kinda coincided with a Bench bat I had of Josh Rutledge being sent down to minors. Figured why not?

As you can probably guess I'm either leading or top 3 in all cats aside from Saves. It's just annoying to think I could have sat with Cobb and then had Beachy come off the bench to have a full staff of Harvey,Darvish,Scherzer,Medlen,Miller,Beachy,Corbin, with Estrada/Cashner my spot starters.

Anyone know of any of those pitchers, I should be concerned of IP limit? Miller? Corbin?

• 2 weeks later...
Wheeler and Cole should be up next week. I'm #4 on the waivers so I might not get a crack at either of them, but who would you rather have?
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I'd rather have Cole myself. I think Wheeler has a better chance of staying up the rest of the season, but Cole has a better chance to earn wins and stats this year.

Long term, if it is a keeper league, I'd lean towards Wheeler.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I nabbed Cole in both my leagues. Dropped Brantley in 1 and my stream pitcher in the other. Considering how well my staff has been doing, I figured better to nab one of the best SPs being called up more for Defensive purposes. Should he succeed it's on my team. If he fails it will be happening on my bench. Either way, I figure it was the right move to do. I dropped Brantley because I picked up Puig in both Leagues.

Problem in my 2nd League I have is, I have in my OF: Hamilton,Jennings,Aoki,Heyward and Utility as Puig now. In my DL is Kemp and Stanton.

I seriously cannot get any takers on Hamilton,Aoki, or Jennings.

So who do I drop? this is my Keeper League and Heyward I got off of Waivers. I'm seriously considering dropping Hamilton...but then Jennings...no Aoki...AHHH!

I'm leaning towards Jennings really as he doesn't have the SBs this year which I drafted for! Not a big OB guy either.

Offensive Cats in the League are AVG.,OB./SLG./HR/SB/R/RBI

• 1 month later...
We do a draft of farm systems at the all star break. You get first rights of anyone who keeps rookie status up to the draft next year. The Cubs, Astros and Twins are gone and I'm next. Debating between the Mariners and Cards. I was leaning toward the M's but Walker may not be up this year and Hultzen is shut down as of now. It would be a no brainer for the Cards, but we get one NA spot and the guy who had the Cards last year has Taveras on it. The good thing with the Cards though is if he doesn't reach 120 AB's this year I can hold over Taveras next year. Any advice would be much appreciated, not sure what to do. Considered Dbacks but not sure if Davidson or Bradley will be up this year. Any teams I'm overlooking? Suppose to make the pick soon so sorry for the late notice.

I think Walker will be called up this year.

I'd consider the Reds too as Hamilton could win you SB every week if he can get on base.

Thanks, I think I'll go with the M's and hope both Walker and Hultzen make it up this year or start next year in the rotation. Hamilton would have been a good choice but I don't see any other players worth keeping an eye on for the Reds. I liked the Cards cuz Martinez and Wacha should hopefully both be starting at some point this year and I would have a chance for Taveras at the start of next year. But no Taveras this year and possibly not next year (if he surpasses 120 AB's) makes it hard to take them.

I have Skaggs getting called back up to start Monday and I need to make room for him. As of now he is on my NA list but I will have to drop him or one of Cashner or Jacob Turner. Cashner starts Monday as well, so I would miss his start for the week so I am leaning toward Turner. Both play on bad teams and Skaggs should get more wins with the Dbacks so I want to keep him. I have Cobb who should be back soon and Morrow, who I have no idea about. So two of the three will be gone soon anyway. And when Morrow is back I will probably get rid of the third unless they are doing really well. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Edit: I forgot I have Peralta as well. I will probably drop him after his start tomorrow. And advice would still be welcomed. I'm not really sure how to rank Turner/Cashner/Skaggs/Peralta. I think Turner should be kept but the Marlins are terrible.

Is this a keeper league?

I'd rank them:

Turner, Cashner, Peralta, Skaggs, Morrow

Peralta and Skaggs are probably a coin flip, but I'd roll with Peralta because he's a Brewer.

We keep two hitters and pitchers. I have Greinke and Price for keepers, so I'm not considering any of those guys. If Peralta has a good start today I will keep him and just drop Skaggs I think. Like I mentioned earlier, we do farm systems too, so when I drop Skaggs I won't be able to pick him back up until he's over 50 ip's if he's still available. Another fantasy player took the Dbacks for their farm system. I still might just drop Turner too. I know he's the best of the bunch right now but the Marlins are terrible. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I have to decide by tonight.

Edit: I dropped Skaggs, so now he will be great the rest of the year.

8/9/13: Just wanted to throw this out there and see what you guys think. I traded Trout, Tulo and Jacob Turner for Stanton, McCutchen, Segura, Matt Moore and Beachy about a week and a half ago. It's a 2 bat, 2 arm keeper league, so I hated losing Trout, but I got so much back I thought I might as well do it. Of course, Moore went on the DL the day the trade was final, but I still think I made out ok. I'm still the first team out of the playoffs with about a month left to play. So if I don't make the playoffs, this one is going to sting. Anyone feel I made a mistake losing Trout?

Archived