Brewer Fanatic

Fangraphs Brewers Top 15

Mass Haas

Fangraphs Brewers Top 15

Well, Jim Henderson at #4 is unique.

Only Jimmy Nelson's parents can call him James.

Encouraging quotes from scout contacts on several, particularly on the second half of the list.

I've twice reached out to the two "hometown" journalists who wrote about Tyrone Taylor on draft day, asking them to pursue an offseason follow-up, ask about his hand injury, etc. Nary a reply. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about this prospect-following offseason...

In the past, we've combined all these prospect lists in one thread, but we'll let each one stand on its own merits this winter.

That was an encouraging report on Jungmann. I laughed when I scrolled down and saw Henderson at 4. No offense to Henderson because I think he can be a quality bullpen arm but a 30 year old reliever is not a prospect.

Thornburg & Jungmann ahead of Peralta is pretty face-palm-y... especially when you read the Peralta & Jungmann write-ups -- basically the same, but Peralta is described as being MLB-ready & imo with a bit more upside (and about the same age).

And listing Coulter's alternate position as DH, instead of 1B, for a NL club? I appreciated the scouting notes sprinkled throughout, but this list is weaker than I'm used to from FanGraphs.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The list itself is ranked pretty terribly, at least IMO. But the every blurb that starts "I spoke to an evaluator and he said" is good stuff.

Jungmann tightening up his breaking ball would be excellent, and after Bret Lawrie, it's nice having a HS, 1st round pick, maybe C maybe somewhere else but has a big stick prospect with good work ethic.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

And listing Coulter's alternate position as DH, instead of 1B, for a NL club?

Why is that a problem? Just because we don't have a DH, doesn't meant it isn't his future position. Fielder had the same label and look where he is now... in AL.

Maybe the NL will have the DH by the time he is up in the bigs...

Archived