Brewer Fanatic

Axford, Braun, Gallardo, Lucroy, 8 others to play in 2013 WBC (Latest: Canada, Mexico eliminated)

TooLiveBrew
Some impressive numbers regarding the popularity of WBC so far. Attendance was 44,256 for the USA/Mexico game. MLB also reported that 1/3 of the TV sets in Japan watched the Japanese team's first round games.

The atmosphere looked fantastic last night. The announcers mentioned it looked to be roughly a 50/50 split in terms of fans' allegiances.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
During the whole ordeal I was sitting there saying "Yo, Marco, Ax, stay out of there!" My wife came into the room looking at me like I was crazy. Would not have been good if one of those guys broke a hand throwing a punch! In the game after Maldy made a great relay throw playing 1B for Puerto Rico. He could be a legit backup playing there.

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

Some impressive numbers regarding the popularity of WBC so far. Attendance was 44,256 for the USA/Mexico game. MLB also reported that 1/3 of the TV sets in Japan watched the Japanese team's first round games.

44,256 is probably the biggest crowd that will fill Chase Field this year!

Formerly AirShuttle6104

That David Wright Grand Salami was something special. 6-2 USA now in the bottom of the 5th.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

That was awesome. It looked like Braun's massive shot to left was foul by about a foot.

I thought it was gone when he hit it and it hooked at the last minute. Sounded beautiful. Pure hit.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Yeah.... a nice win for Team USA tonight. I'm looking forward to the game against Canada tomorrow. So far imo the WBC has been quite entertaining. (Though I still find it ridiculous to see guys from the US playing against Team USA for Mexico or Italy).

Did anybody catch any glimpses of Axford, Yo, Estrada, or Green in that Mexico/Canada fight? Just wondered what their involvement or lack of was?

No, but I did see Teddy Higuera pulling people out of the pile.

Torre feels pressure to let all of his players get playing time. He should have played them yesterday against Italy, which was also just about a must win game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Keep bunting, Torre. Keep bunting.

Edit: Genius idea to bunt with Adam Jones, the giant hacker on deck.

Edit2: Jones actually does something, a 2 run double to the left center field gap. Henderson was pitching for Canada.

Archived