Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2013

hawing
  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm getting sick of seeing the "butt slide". Not because of it's constant replaying but because it's a great example of how replay is going to change the game next year. The runner was quite obviously safe from the replay. He was called out because the ball beat him and the ump was in a horrible spot to see it. There are going to be (or should be) a lot of tag plays reversed next year where the runner was called out because the ball beat him but he actually avoided the tag.

Have the D-backs taken the crown from the Cardinals as the caretakers how baseball should be played?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/9695662/arizona-diamondbacks-take-exception-los-angeles-dodgers-partying-pool

I have a couple thoughts on this.

1. If you don't want it to happen, don't let them clinch on your home field.

2. Don't ask them not to do it. I could be completely wrong but if they didn't say anything to the Dodgers about asking them not to go in the pool what are the chances they would have even thought about going in the pool? Like I said, I could be completely wrong but it seems like they were asking for it by saying don't go in the pool.

Have the D-backs taken the crown from the Cardinals as the caretakers how baseball should be played?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/9695662/arizona-diamondbacks-take-exception-los-angeles-dodgers-partying-pool

I have a couple thoughts on this.

1. If you don't want it to happen, don't let them clinch on your home field.

2. Don't ask them not to do it. I could be completely wrong but if they didn't say anything to the Dodgers about asking them not to go in the pool what are the chances they would have even thought about going in the pool? Like I said, I could be completely wrong but it seems like they were asking for it by saying don't go in the pool.

Well, if they did it because they were told not to, then I find that to be a bit childish. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time MLB players did something they were told not to do :rolleyes

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

At first I thought this is no big deal and the media just trying to find a story but I've changed my stance on it. If the D-Backs did this in their own park that would be one thing but because they celebrated with the "icon" of an opposing team's park that seems wrong to me. How would Brewer fans feel if the Cardinals celebrated winning the division by going down Bernie's slide? What about Yankees fans if the Red Sox celebrated in Legend's Park?

Should the D-Back be upset about this? Yes. Are they overreacting? Yes to that too.

How would Brewer fans feel if the Cardinals celebrated winning the division by going down Bernie's slide?

They did in 2004. They got in trouble not because it's an "icon" but because of safety. I don't really care. The D'Backs were basically asking for it when they said don't do it imo.

How would Brewer fans feel if the Cardinals celebrated winning the division by going down Bernie's slide?

They did in 2004. They got in trouble not because it's an "icon" but because of safety. I don't really care. The D'Backs were basically asking for it when they said don't do it imo.

So...this is the world we are living in? Don't tell people not to do something if you don't want them to do it? What happened to just being courteous and respecting other people's requests?

Do people have this much misguided pride?..."%$#& you, no one's going to tell me I can't do something!"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I do think it's a little bit douchey to celebrate in an area the opposing team specifically requested them not to. The D-Backs shouldn't make a big deal out of it though...comes off as whiny. Just settle it on the field next year in typical baseball fashion.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Are there any confirmed reports of Arizona actually specifically saying don't go in the pool? Everything I read just says that they asked the Dodgers not to return to the field. I can't imagine that they would have said that since no one has done it before unless some Dodgers had talked about doing it prior.

This is an out. And it was that obvious watching it live as well so the umps don't get the benefit of saying well you got to watch numerous slowed down replays.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3317281/badcall163_medium.gif

Yeah, also mentioned this in the recent Brewer's in game thread, but if anyone happened to watch the Brewers/Mets last game they would have seen an unbelievable bad call by CB Bucknor (who has been involved in several bad calls, including one recently at first between the Phils/Marlins - I think? - where the guy tagged the runner with his bare hand and the runner was called out). What was worse than the fact that he got the call wrong at first by calling Halton safe when he was out, was the fact that he then completely gave away that he knew he missed the call by immediately putting his hands on his head as if to say "Oh...I missed that one" (I have never seen an ump do this). Terry Collins came out and just berated him and all he could do was stand there and take it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yeah, also mentioned this in the recent Brewer's in game thread, but if anyone happened to watch the Brewers/Mets last game they would have seen an unbelievable bad call by CB Bucknor (who has been involved in several bad calls, including one recently at first between the Phils/Marlins - I think? - where the guy tagged the runner with his bare hand and the runner was called out). What was worse than the fact that he got the call wrong at first by calling Halton safe when he was out, was the fact that he then completely gave away that he knew he missed the call by immediately putting his hands on his head as if to say "Oh...I missed that one" (I have never seen an ump do this). Terry Collins came out and just berated him and all he could do was stand there and take it.

Bucknor's strike zone was really weird that game as well. One strike he called was so obviously low it was unbelievable.

Bucknor's strike zone was really weird that game as well. One strike he called was so obviously low it was unbelievable.

Must have been a different game in the series...he was at 1B when he made the safe call on Halton.

Must have been a different game in the series...he was at 1B when he made the safe call on Halton.

What's up with Pirates fans chanting Cueto the entire time he is on the mound? I actually had to mute the tv because its insanely annoying. Pirates fans also made a "whoop" sound during regular season games. What am I missing?
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

At first I thought this is no big deal and the media just trying to find a story but I've changed my stance on it. If the D-Backs did this in their own park that would be one thing but because they celebrated with the "icon" of an opposing team's park that seems wrong to me. How would Brewer fans feel if the Cardinals celebrated winning the division by going down Bernie's slide? What about Yankees fans if the Red Sox celebrated in Legend's Park?

Should the D-Back be upset about this? Yes. Are they overreacting? Yes to that too.

Arizona, the same team whose owner made Dodgers fans who PAID for a suite change their attire.. http://deadspin.com/dodgers-fans-at-chase-field-forced-to-change-clothes-or-472797108

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yes, I didn't read your post closely. I was talking about when Buckner was behind the plate.

• 2 weeks later...

I got home from work to find the Tigers/Red Sox game on.

I'm so jealous of the Tiger fans. I really want a dominant pitcher like Verlander to come up through the Brewers system and get signed to a long term deal.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I got home from work to find the Tigers/Red Sox game on.

I'm so jealous of the Tiger fans. I really want a dominant pitcher like Verlander to come up through the Brewers system and get signed to a long term deal.

Best case scenario, you only get the first half of that. The Brewers will never be able to sign a Verlander-type pitcher that they develop to a long term deal unless the pitcher signs for a very long time very early in his career.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived