Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2013

hawing
There's also a rule that the coach's must stay in the coach's box.

It's one of the rules that:

both sides violate,

neither side complains that the other is violating it,

So umps don't bother enforcing the rule.

As you stated, that it one that is commonly violated, but I've never seen a player so far away from the on deck circle as Gomez is, that's why I'm a bit surprised that no one has said anything about it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couple of fun notes:

Casey McGehee is hitting .307 in Japan. He has 22 HR and a .913 OPS.

Also, Nyjer Morgan is hitting .305 in Japan. 11 dingers and an .836 OPS. Curiously, he only has 2 SBs.

Glad to see some old friends doing well.

The most ridiculous season of the year in Japan goes to former Mariner and Red Wladimir Balentien who is hitting .340/.468/.823/1.291 with 52 homers in 356 at bats. That's a homer every 6.8 at bats!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

David Schoenfield at ESPN just eviscerated Yost as well for the same thing. Great run down of how a manager can be big difference to a team - in a bad way.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/40165/yost-kills-royals-with-awful-ninth-inning

Pirates got number 82 today. Happy for them. They deserve it.

me too, this fan base needed this season, 20 years of losing, first winning season and they're within striking distance of winning the division for the playoffs? so awesome.

I will say, getting 82 wins doesnt have the same hurrah that the brewers had when they ended their streak... probably because they've got 20 games to go and milwaukee did it on the last game of the season. this is what cutch tweeted last night.

@TheCUTCH22

On to the next one...

the team is not resting on a winning record, they're shooting for it all right now

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The Shouse/Ryan Howard debacle is still far worse than what Yost did last night. It is amazing that Yost has had such a long managerial careeer with basically no success at all. He is good at making terrible teams into mediocre teams. Congratulations?

Fondy, recall the Shouse/Howard debacle. I don't recall it.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8077

Yost had a 481 OPS pitcher facing a 697 OPS hitter. He elected to issue an intentional walk in that situation to allow an 817 OPS pitcher to face a 905 OPS hitter with an additional runner on base. That's when you start looking around the roof of the stadium for snipers, because gunpoint is the only place where that kind of decision makes sense.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8077

Yost had a 481 OPS pitcher facing a 697 OPS hitter. He elected to issue an intentional walk in that situation to allow an 817 OPS pitcher to face a 905 OPS hitter with an additional runner on base. That's when you start looking around the roof of the stadium for snipers, because gunpoint is the only place where that kind of decision makes sense.

Thanks. My head feels like it's going to explode. Now I remember that. I think I might have been trying to suppress the memory so I stay sane.

Apologies if this was posted at the time, but I only saw this today.

Good guy Manny Parra visited the Milwaukee VA Medical Center when the Reds came to Milwaukee July 8-10.

Manny Parra, former southpaw for the Milwaukee Brewers (currently with Cincinnati Reds), stopped by the Milwaukee VA Medical Center today. Parra toured through various departments of the hospital and Spinal Cord Center, thanking vets for their service and thanking the VA staff for the service they provide to our veterans.

1002130_10151482751312120_982646036_n.jpg

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Check out this "Minimalist Baseball Stadium" art. Four NL parks, four AL parks so far, and Miller Park is one of them. Really cool. I never make gift requests, but I might have to this year:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/pootpoot/works/10688945-minimalist-miller-park-milwaukee?c=228033-minimalist-baseball-stadiums

So, asked for this for Christmas from my inlaws. Combined, their gifts usually come out to something worth around $100. So, the other day my sister-in-law asks me what options I want. I went back and looked and I guess I didn't realize that the $96 option framed is only an 8x10. What!?! Ok. I guessing I'm getting gift cards again from the in-laws.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The Shouse/Ryan Howard debacle is still far worse than what Yost did last night. It is amazing that Yost has had such a long managerial careeer with basically no success at all. He is good at making terrible teams into mediocre teams. Congratulations?

ALMOST as bad as starting Mark Kotsay in centerfield for a playoff game...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I actually believe this to be true. I think Ned was the right guy to bring our "young guns" along and change the losing culture around the team, but only to a certain degree. The team finally got to where it needed less nurturing and needed more solid managing; and that, he couldn't provide. He appears to have done the same in KC. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get yet another gig with a struggling franchise that has a lot of young talent.

I actually believe this to be true. I think Ned was the right guy to bring our "young guns" along and change the losing culture around the team, but only to a certain degree. The team finally got to where it needed less nurturing and needed more solid managing; and that, he couldn't provide. He appears to have done the same in KC. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get yet another gig with a struggling franchise that has a lot of young talent.

Like Milwaukee? (kinda,, sorta, blueish)

Like Milwaukee? (kinda,, sorta, blueish)

If that were to happen the fallout from this board alone would melt the entire Internet.

Archived