Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2013

hawing
  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think there's anything more fun in baseball than watching Prince hit one out.

Sometimes he swings so damn hard that it looks like he just shouldn't have any tangible bat control. And then you watch the swing in slow-motion, and it looks so simple & clean. What a hitter.

He's the real-life answer to the hypothetical question, 'What if Cecil Fielder could've hit for contact -- wouldn't that have been scary?'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

After reading that Lawrie news I'm going to enjoy a nice big steak and take a nice big nap on my lawn chair on my deck.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Just saw this interesting Brett Lawrie update. The Jays plan on keeping him down in the minors even when he is healthy until he starts hitting.

http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2013/7/2/4488074/brett-lawrie-to-stay-in-minors-once-healthy

I rejoice in the foresight that I had to drop him and pick up Manny Machado as my third baseman in my fantasy league.

I can't imagine Brett or his sister staying quiet about playing in the minors. Only a matter of time before he and/or she says something they regret.

Maybe we could trade Yuni for his sister. She's probably a better baseball player than Yuni and she definitely looks better.

Just saw this interesting Brett Lawrie update. The Jays plan on keeping him down in the minors even when he is healthy until he starts hitting.

http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2013/7/2/4488074/brett-lawrie-to-stay-in-minors-once-healthy

Blue Jays are also going to make him a 2B. Many argued his WAR and defensive numbers were too high because of the shift Toronto uses and it seems like his own coach didnt view him as a great 3B. Gibbons refers to him as an above average 3B defensively.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2013/07/11/blue_jays_serious_this_time_about_brett_lawrie_to_second_base_griffin.html?cta=bottom&utm_expid=6682428-0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3B_ylt%3DAkMXy2meUXKT4HpcxUeaI.CbvZx4%3Fp%3Dbrett%2Blawrie%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3Dmss%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-900

Gibbons refers to him as an above average 3B defensively.

In terms of physical tools, I'd agree with that. Not sure he's going to fit well at 2B.

They seem to think he could be a better 2B than 3B and maybe that is the case, but it just seems like an odd move to try now. He is struggling with the bat and now he is going to try to move to a new position?

In terms of physical tools, I'd agree with that. Not sure he's going to fit well at 2B.

They seem to think he could be a better 2B than 3B and maybe that is the case, but it just seems like an odd move to try now. He is struggling with the bat and now he is going to try to move to a new position?

Did we forget he spent his first 2 minor league seasons with the Brewers at 2b? He only moved off of it because Weeks was incumbent and not going anywhere anytime soon.

This leaves Toronto with a fixed 2b and a need at 3b....sorta.

Bautista and Encarnacion both are maneuverable to play 3b.

Did we forget he spent his first 2 minor league seasons with the Brewers at 2b? He only moved off of it because Weeks was incumbent and not going anywhere anytime soon.

This leaves Toronto with a fixed 2b and a need at 3b....sorta.

Bautista and Encarnacion both are maneuverable to play 3b.

Nope, obviously I didn't forget that. I said I don't think he'll translate well to 2B. I think he was always a bad fit there, like Coulter is at catcher, but it's the Brewers -- square peg/round hole defensive assignment strategy...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Is Harold Reynolds real, or is he just a character someone plays on TV like Stephen Colbert? I can't believe how ignorant this guy is.

It's got to be a character he's playing by now. He's always been less than ideal to watch on TV, but he never used to be quite as outrageous on Baseball Tonight years ago as he is now on MLB network

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

He was always terrible, bordering on WOAT status, but they must the MLB Network brass must have decided to just make him go full heel when they started that debate show with him and Brian Kenny. I mean, that interview with Hawk Harrelson from a few weeks ago where Reynolds was loving his whole "the will to win" crap was a whole knew low in baseball analysis/discussion.

Archived