Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2013

hawing
  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Hunt is just terrible.

The big hit was a 3-1 homer by the red-hot Domonic Brown on a 3-1 count as part of the five-run inning.

With the big lead, Phillies lefty Cliff Floyd cruised against the Brewers with 11 strikeouts.

That class act (aka thug) Yadier Molina got thrown out after slamming his helmet after getting called out (replay shows he was out). He then goes berserk on the umpire (who probably said something about his neck tattoos) and gets into a hand fight with another umpire he tries to hold him back. He should be suspended but probably won't. The Cardinals are too classy for suspensions.

That class act (aka thug) Yadier Molina got thrown out after slamming his helmet after getting called out (replay shows he was out). He then goes berserk on the umpire (who probably said something about his neck tattoos) and gets into a hand fight with another umpire he tries to hold him back. He should be suspended but probably won't. The Cardinals are too classy for suspensions.

To be fair, there was nothing to show that he slammed his helmet because he disagreed with the umpire's call. I think he was frustrated with himself because he thought the ball was going to get past the SS and so he did not hustle out of the box as quick as he should have. I think the getting in the face and bumping the umpire afterwards is not excusable but players throw their equipment all the time in anger/frustration.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

To be fair, there was nothing to show that he slammed his helmet because he disagreed with the umpire's call. I think he was frustrated with himself because he thought the ball was going to get past the SS and so he did not hustle out of the box as quick as he should have. I think the getting in the face and bumping the umpire afterwards is not excusable but players throw their equipment all the time in anger/frustration.

It's not like this is new behavior from Molina though. He has a history of disrespecting umps. I recall a couple years ago when he infamously stripped off his catcher's gear at home plate after being ejected. Then of course there was the incident last year where he spit on an umpire. The guy is a thug, plain and simple.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think the getting in the face and bumping the umpire afterwards is not excusable but players throw their equipment all the time in anger/frustration.

Like Greinke last year and Braun last year and this year and were instantly ejected from the game in all three cases. Not saying it's right, just saying you can't be surprised if it happens.

Kevin Slowey and Shaun Marcum have each thrown 6 shutout innings. Not notable normally but it is in this game because they both came in in the 12th inning.

B2B rainouts and a 20inning game sure must have been nice to esentially not skip a SP's turn. Go figure why Marlins skipped Slowey for who they sent to start today.

Kevin Slowey and Shaun Marcum have each thrown 6 shutout innings. Not notable normally but it is in this game because they both came in in the 12th inning.

B2B rainouts and a 20inning game sure must have been nice to esentially not skip a SP's turn. Go figure why Marlins skipped Slowey for who they sent to start today.

Jose Fernandez is waaaay better than Kevin Slowey, so I am guessing that was why they went with him.

Ian Stewart rants and raves himself into a suspension

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-chicago-cubs-stewart-twitter-20130611,0,7681521.story

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/9366243/chicago-cubs-suspend-ian-stewart-twitter-rant

So let me get this straight: you are hitting .168 in AAA and you take to Twitter to complain that the organization is a mess and you deserve a callup (meanwhile you are making $2 million a year).... alright then

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=stewar001ian

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The Dodgers and Dbacks had one of the best brawls in a long time tonight. Benches cleared twice, Puig and Greinke both hit in or near the head, Mark McGwire, Don Baylor, Charles Nagy, Kirk Gibson, Matt Williams all involved and Don Mattingly tackled Allan Trammell.

Not that I condone bench clearing brawls (but what if I do?) but it was nice seeing managers with the stones to retaliate. Our mamby pamby style of managing sometimes infuriates me when it comes to this kind of stuff.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

yeah not in a million years could I see Ron Roenicke getting in the middle of a brawl the way the Dodgers & DBacks' coaches did yesterday, even though RRR's beloved "mentor" Mike Scioscia absolutely would be right in there fighting for his team
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived