Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion 2013

hawing

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My first random baseball item for 2013 - an interview with most of the main cast members and the director from Major League. It's from 2011, but it's pretty funny.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1187813/1/index.htm

Uecker is part of the interview. Funny reading how the guys would go to Stormin' and Vukes bar a lot.

I love the quote from Margaret Whitton, the woman who played the team's owner:

"The thing about Milwaukee is the whole town smells like a brewery at night. It's like some lovely German auntie that crushes you to her beery bosom. Those boys had a blast."

Funny trip down memory lane.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1333/miltonbradleyjail.png

:laughing

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

He's a dirtbag. He'll get what's coming to him.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Colin Kaepernick giving the Brewers some love in his ESPN interview.

This probably will showcase me as the most out of touch poster on this board, but I didn't even know that he was from Milwaukee.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Colin Kaepernick giving the Brewers some love in his ESPN interview.

This probably will showcase me as the most out of touch poster on this board, but I didn't even know that he was from Milwaukee.

Born in Milwaukee, but moved to California when he was very young.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

This is really sweet. Had MLBAM been around in the late 70s/early 80s, and had I been able to meet, say, Gorman Thomas at that time, I might have reacted just about the same way.

Young Pirates fan might be more excited about meeting Andrew McCutchen than anyone else has been about anything ever

I love how she can barely squeak out anything but "yeah" at first.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is really sweet. Had MLBAM been around in the late 70s/early 80s, and had I been able to meet, say, Gorman Thomas at that time, I might have reacted just about the same way.

Young Pirates fan might be more excited about meeting Andrew McCutchen than anyone else has been about anything ever

I love how she can barely squeak out anything but "yeah" at first.

This is awesome. I love when players do stuff like this and recognize the impact they have on kids. Well done Andrew. Well done.

Not really completely baseball-related, but Brewers TV man Brian Anderson is again doing play-by-play on basketball games for the Big Ten Network this season. I'm pretty sure he'll be working NCAA tourney games again as well. While I love college hoops, I can't help but get excited that Brewers baseball is also just around the corner when I hear BA on the call. So if you need that feeling, check it out. And since the Big Ten looks to be pretty great this season, you'll get a good watch on the hoops as well.

I was saying to the S.O. last night, remind me of this video when I'm grumbling about McCutchen or the Pirates at MP this season.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching Kaepernick slice up the Packers.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Well in the hashtags he says we're wasting Braun's prime which says we should win now and he says we shouldn't rely on everyone in the rotation after Gallardo and he says we don't have the farm system to get another starting pitcher. Maybe I'm just connecting the dots wrong.

The only ways to explain the Brewers' offseason, then, is to think that either Melvin saw January and February as a time to hop on prime leftovers or that owner Mark Attanasio's purse-string-tightening is sincere after a disappointing 2012.

Translation - So either we spend for starters now, or we resign ourselves to suck with a low payroll.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived