Brewer Fanatic

Loogy?

ClosetBrewerFan

It is always hard to say with RP. If you look at his year to year splits they are just goofy. He had a few years where he dominated righties and couldn't get lefties out followed by a few where he dominated lefties but couldn't get righties out. Hard to say what he is or isn't.

I think he's approaching the stage of his career where he is basically a loogy. He had considerably less innings than appearences last year. That's not unusual as lefties age. Plesac morphed into a loogy in his mid 30's as did Jessie Orosco, two guys that hung on a long time. That's not a bad thing in light of the prior signing of Gorzelanny who seems capable of facing both. If the Brewers look at him as an "8th inning guy", I'm a bit worried.

If a loogy is lefty who only pitches to left handed hitters, what is the origin of that term?

Lefthanded-One-Out-GuY.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Gonzalez should be strictly a LOOGY. Gorzelanny should be a solid middle reliever who can face righties or lefties.

Henderson probably projects as the setup man. Badenhop is basically the new Kameron Loe, who will hopefully get a lot less innings against lefties than Loe got, now that we have two lefties in the pen.

Rogers is out of options and should wind up in the pen also if he doesn't win a spot in the rotation.

Archived