Brewer Fanatic

What's your preferred 2013 lineup? (of players who will actually be on our team)

brewcrewdue80
For me my lineup goes like this

Right now

1 Aoki

2 Segura

3 Braun

4 Lucroy

5 Gomez

6 Betancourt

7 Gonzalez

8 Weeks

9 Pitcher

The reasons for this lineup are

Aoki (good speed good contact)

Segura (good speed and contact)

Braun (he is Ryan Braun enough said)

Lucroy (has a tradition of hitting good with runners in scoring position)

Gomez (If he keeps hitting like he is he may trade places with Lucroy)

Betancourt ( his batting has been a pleasant surprise especially in RBI situations and with speedster gomez infront of him he will have alot of chances for RBI's )

Gonzalez (got to play him no choice due to injuries good defence though)

Weeks ( IMO a Terribly overrated baseball player can't field can't throw and strikes out alot plus poor contact....but he does take alot of pitches and would be a good fit infront of the pitcher because typically 8 hitters don't usually get to see alot of good pitches)

After the injured players return

RF Aoki

SS Segura

LF Braun

3B Ramirez

1B Hart

C Lucroy

CF Gomez

2B Betancourt

Yeah no Weeks sadly at this point Betancourt is a better player than him....

Yeah, but by the time everyone gets back and is healthy, Yuni B will be....well...Yuni B again, and Weeks will be in the midst of bringing his .155 BA up to around .230. I'm over Weeks, my favorite player. You can't just put out a player that terrible for 65-70 games a year and hit him atop the lineup.

But when everyone gets back healthy;

Aoki-RF

Segura-SS

Braun-LF

Aram-3rd

Hart-1B

Gomez-CF(he keeps hitting, that's a GREAT top 6)

Lucroy-C

Weeks-2B

Weeks is best suited to hit 1st, 2nd or 8th IMO. And too many people want to try and argue that where you are in a lineup, or what inning you pitch doesn't matter, but baseball is such a mental game that I just don't buy that.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should have worded my post better the reason why I said "Yeah no Weeks sadly AT THIS POINT Betancourt is a better player than him...." what I mean by that is if by the time aram and hart come back and weeks is still hitting like he is and yuni also IMO you should play the best players and AT THIS POINT yuni is playing much better than Weeks
Check out my MLB 2K12 mods for PC Username = Howington http://www.mvpmods.com/

1 Aoki

2 Segura

3 Braun

4 Ramirez

5 Lucroy

6 Gomez

7 Betancourt

8 Weeks

9 Pitcher

Weeks' abysmal production wouldn't bother me so much at this point if he was hitting in the 8 spot. I feel like the team can still succeed with him playing, but it'd be nice to see him hit lower. Can't wait for Ramirez to get back. Any day now, you would think.

Ok I got this idea in my head today and I thought I would share this with you all and see what your opinion on this lineup is (after aram and hart return)

bare with me please

Ok top 3 all with top flight speed and contact could lead to alot of runners in scoring postion

1 Aoki

2 Segura

3 Gomez

4 Braun

5 Ramirez

6 Hart

7 Betancourt or Weeks (Depends on which one is hot)

8 Lucroy

Ok assuming Yuni is still hitting like he is now..........say when hart returns that would put your next 4 hitters in the lineup as serious power rbi guys behind the 3 speedsters I really do think with this lineup Braun would hit 120+ rbi just think about it with Braun's protection Behind Gomez..........Gomez will see alot of good over the plate fastballs and we all know he likes to swing the bat that is his style and with the way he is swinging now that could send his production to the next level and even if Yuni returns to old form and Weeks finds his bat again Weeks could go right into Yuni spot and the lineup would still be strong

Just food for thought

Check out my MLB 2K12 mods for PC Username = Howington http://www.mvpmods.com/

Verified Member

Aoki

Segura

Braun

Ramirez

Lucroy

Weeks

Betancourt/Gomez

Gomez/Betancourt

Pitcher

I still think you put Weeks 6th, force them to pitch to him in attempt to avoid a 7/8 of Yuni and Gomez who both are hitting the ball well. I think if you put Weeks 8th in front of the pitcher, thats two easy outs, they'll pitch around Weeks, causing him to swing at balls nowhere near the plate, knowing that they'll have the pitcher next who, outside of Yo, is generally not a threat to pitch at to force an out or a double play.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I wouldn't change anything right now because the offense in clicking, and I know this lineup will never happen, but I would love to see it.

Segura

Braun

Weeks

Lucroy

Gomez

Betancourt

Gonzalez

Pitcher

Aoki

This lineup when everyone is back.

Segura

Braun

Hart

Ramirez

Lucroy

Weeks

Gomez

Pitcher

Aoki

Just out of curiosity, what's the rationale behind having Braun batting second? I've always thought he was the perfect #3 hitter, and typically that's where a team's best hitter will sit in the lineup.

After the first time through the lineup, he is the 3 hitter, but by being the 2 hitter to start, he will get about 20-40 more PAs in the season.

Ok I got this idea in my head today and I thought I would share this with you all and see what your opinion on this lineup is (after aram and hart return)

bare with me please

Ok top 3 all with top flight speed and contact could lead to alot of runners in scoring postion

1 Aoki

2 Segura

3 Gomez

4 Braun

5 Ramirez

6 Hart

7 Betancourt or Weeks (Depends on which one is hot)

8 Lucroy

Ok assuming Yuni is still hitting like he is now..........say when hart returns that would put your next 4 hitters in the lineup as serious power rbi guys behind the 3 speedsters I really do think with this lineup Braun would hit 120+ rbi just think about it with Braun's protection Behind Gomez..........Gomez will see alot of good over the plate fastballs and we all know he likes to swing the bat that is his style and with the way he is swinging now that could send his production to the next level and even if Yuni returns to old form and Weeks finds his bat again Weeks could go right into Yuni spot and the lineup would still be strong

Just food for thought

I think before this resurgent Gomez appeared to us he did bat quite a number of times ahead of Braun in the 2slot. Weeks/Gomez batting order.

I think having Segura batting ahead of Braun alone helps him achieve 120RBI. I said it before, he's going to actually be OnBase numerous more times than Weeks+ ever was. Aoki is an older version of Segura I believe...or Segura a younger version of Aoki as a batter however you want to look at it. So that's 2 on base batters for Brauny.

I don't know what to say but Gomez/Betancourt has produced way beyond any imagination and I was disappointed to see tonights lineup card.

How good is this team's lineup if I see Lucroy 8th, Hart 6th and think too low in the lineup!

I think I nailed the lineup with my first post in this thread putting Yuni in place of my 7th in order I believe.

Aoki/Segura/Braun/ARam/Luc/Hart/Gomez/Weeks/Pitcher. Move Hart/Gomez/Weeks up on Lucroy rest days Maldy bats 8th.

Hart 5th Lucroy 6th doesn't bother me either but I position Luc ahead of Hart so that he's not clogging the basepaths for Gomez all to often.

Remember the post I made of OB earlier when taking away HRs? Hart was near bottom. Lucroy was nearer the top.

Verified Member

Why does no one want to even try Gomez hitting leadoff?

I kind of get the thought of "don't mess with what's working", but yet people still want to move him to 3/4/5. Why not 1?

Why does no one want to even try Gomez hitting leadoff?

I kind of get the thought of "don't mess with what's working", but yet people still want to move him to 3/4/5. Why not 1?

If they move Gomez to the top of the lineup, it should be to the 2 hole. He's a better fit there with his power, and run producing ability. Segura can hit leadoff or move to the bottom of the order. I don't see either happening right now though, because Aoki hasn't done anything to warrant taking him out of the leadoff spot. People say that Segura's success is partially because he's hitting in front of Braun. I just think he's a good hitter. It's easy to tell that by watching him at the plate. Sure, he sees better pitches in the 2 hole, but he'd be fine at leadoff or down in the order too. When Hart returns, it'll be harder to put a lineup together where it doesn't make sense to have Gomez somewhere at the top. Or even Weeks if he turns things around. Either way, it would look fine if they left it as Aoki, Segura, Braun, Ramirez, Hart, Gomez, Weeks, Lucroy.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Yeah, that's definitely a good point too. I'd prefer to leave him down in the lineup, because that's what's working for him right now. I wouldn't have a problem with him hitting 5th though, instead of 6th or 7th. At least for right now anyway. Unless Aoki or Segura start to falter, I don't see a reason to tinker with the top of the lineup as I said before.

• 4 weeks later...
I know this isn't 2013 but is it possible at the end of this season or opening day next season we see a lineup or Aoki, Segura, Braun, Morris, Lucroy, Gomez, Scooter, Francisco/Bianchi or soemthing along those lines

I know this isn't 2013 but is it possible at the end of this season or opening day next season we see a lineup or Aoki, Segura, Braun, Morris, Lucroy, Gomez, Scooter, Francisco/Bianchi or soemthing along those lines

For sure. Could see this lineup as early as August 1. Although I doubt they'd stick Morris in the cleanup spot right away this season. They'd probably go Luc, Gomez, Morris at 4, 5, 6 for the rest of the year.

I decided to take a look at wOBA for a few teams (Tigers, Cardinals, Braves, DBacks, Rockies) ... these teams are all top 12 in terms of runs scored this year. None of these teams sport a lineup with their 4 worst wOBA batters at the bottom of the order. Only 2 of these teams (DBacks, Cardinals) bat players who own a wOBA under .300, back to back.

I think having your 7-8-9 be Weeks, pick your 1B flavor (Francisco, Betancourt, etc) and then your pitcher is partly to blame for us not scoring runs. We are conceeding so many innings by stacking all of these bad hitters together. Many teams space them out. I know this will change whenever Hart gets back but I wish they could figure out a lineup that is our go to lineup and stick with it. Batting 3 players in row with an under .300 wOBA is a bad idea IMO (and it seems like other teams stay away from that too.)

And our lineup tonight has an wOBA that goes like this: .344, .390, .393, .362, .316 then .272, .153, .241, .147. To me you would get a more consistent lineup doing something like:

Schafer (.272), Segura (.390), Gomez (.393), Ramirez (.362), Francisco (.153), Aoki (.344), Lucroy (.316), Gennett (.241), Figaro (.192). I know removing Aoki from the 1 hole isn't something I would want to do long term but we need to start putting guys in a position to help score runs. Not just a highest to lowest of OPS or wOBA or pick a stat. It is like no thought goes into putting a lineup together.

Why would you want to make outs in the middle of a rally? You stack your good hitters to improve your chances of scoring runs. It is easier to score runs if you string hits together.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I think having your 7-8-9 be Weeks, pick your 1B flavor (Francisco, Betancourt, etc) and then your pitcher is partly to blame for us not scoring runs. We are conceeding so many innings by stacking all of these bad hitters together.

Weeks has been hitting well for a while now (.905 OPS, last 18 games), so they haven't been conceding anything surrounding him lately. However, I agree that having such an important hitter for the team struggle so badly, for so deep into the season, has been one of the main weaknesses of the offense.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think having your 7-8-9 be Weeks, pick your 1B flavor (Francisco, Betancourt, etc) and then your pitcher is partly to blame for us not scoring runs. We are conceeding so many innings by stacking all of these bad hitters together.

Weeks has been hitting well for a while now (.905 OPS, last 18 games), so they haven't been conceding anything surrounding him lately. However, I agree that having such an important hitter for the team struggle so badly, for so deep into the season, has been one of the main weaknesses of the offense.

True, but we can't forget than Braun and Ramirez haven't provided near the power which they did last year. That's huge because both were beasts in the critical 3/4 spots in the order last year. If we were getting that same or near the same production from them this year to go with Segura/Gomez being so good, the lineup could have been better able to handle Weeks being garbage and Hart not playing a single game so far.

I decided to take a look at wOBA for a few teams (Tigers, Cardinals, Braves, DBacks, Rockies) ... these teams are all top 12 in terms of runs scored this year. None of these teams sport a lineup with their 4 worst wOBA batters at the bottom of the order. Only 2 of these teams (DBacks, Cardinals) bat players who own a wOBA under .300, back to back.

Well one when you look at those teams I can guess: Detroit's Victor Martinez being in the bottom 4 on his team with a Weeks' like disappointing season.

Add Miguel Montero on Arizona.

Braves have BJ Upton.

For the Rockies, that is surprising as their top of the lineup should be special. I can't think who at the bottom is hitting better than any in the top 5.

I believe the weakest hitters should see the least amount of ABs. Definitely 7/8/9 worst should bat 7/8/9.

How does letting a player who has a negative impact batting see more PAs help the team? Over a guy who is better with the bat seeing Less PAs?

This was my basis on the entire thought process/idea to bat Jean Segura ahead of Weeks before the season even began.

And the argument thrown back at me was pretty much that question. I just happened to believe Segura would bat comparably to Weeks/ potentially better whereas those against didn't believe it.

Other notes is that Gomez spent quite a number of games batting 7th this season, so it hasn't just been a lineup all season long with the 4 worst hitters batting the last 4 in the lineup.

Brewcrew - I don't disagree (at all) - I was just curious to how other teams make their lineup. Our biggest problem is Yuni. After that, once Braun is back - our offense will be better

Archived