Brewer Fanatic

New MLB batting practice caps

Invader3K
The initial Paul Lukas post had it correct, that the ball/glove (late '70s/early-mid '80s duplicate look) cap is their alternate cap to go w/ the Friday retro unis. Obviously the sportslogos.net thing is an error that will be corrected if it hasn't been already.

I like the white panel hat.

The yellow panel ball & glove belongs on Ben Oglivie.

My only complaint on white as a hat color is the inevitable sweat discoloration that makes you relegate the hat to yard duty.

Boy, JimH5, you hit that on the head. The crappy thing there is that for me it would mean buying 2 of 'em -- 1 for collectible purposes (yes, I have a Brewers' cap collection) -- and one for daily wear, meaning eventually for yardwork.

I'm not a fan of the white front panel in all circumstances, but the Orioles looked very sharp last year IMO. It can be great when used correctly.

I agree PK. Having said that, I believe the Brewers did it right in the late 70s and early 80s with white panel on the ball and glove logo. Would love to see that as the home retro BP hat with the yellow one matched with a road retro BP jersey.

I loved the ball/glove logo at the time & still do -- it's pure genius -- but I'm a firm believer that it should never be anything more than a secondary or alternate logo anymore. . . . Many disagree, but I lived that era already and would rather keep looking forward . . . AND do like the idea of more merchandising $$ for the team by keeping both its 2 longest-lasting logos alive (though I'd sure love the powder blue to remain solely a thing of the past as it has since they ditched it for road grays in the mid/late '80s like most teams were thankfully doing at the time).

It's one of these things with logos, some like change, some don't, it's a case of working out what the majority want. Personally I own the retro cap, love the glove logo and want it re-installed full time like the blue jays did with their existing uniforms 12 months ago. I think it has the design characteristics to be the teams logo forever.

When I look at the current logo, all I see is the Miller brewing company, not the Milwaukee Brewers, I am not a big fan of this and want the ball and glove back

Have an identity that will last forever, that's why I like the retro logo. But I understand why people would not want that and see your opinion, that's why you have to trust front office to take in all opinions, and work out the best financial and supporter look for everyone moving forward.

with the trend of teams going retro (pistons, orioles, blue jays etc) i can see 1 day that the brewers make the change too. I understand the argument that people want to leave the past in the past and want to move past 1982. The real successful franchises though have made no changes to their logo (yankees, red sox, dodgers, cardinals) and I don't hear fans complaining about wanting to move on from the past.

The brewers still put out the ball and glove and have retro fridays because that logo sells. In the end the decision will be because the brewers feel like they can make more money.

In addition, this season will mark the 13th season with really no changes to the uniform or logo. I think soon the brewers will do something.

plus since MLB has shown it really wants to move the brewers away from promoting alcohol consumption, taking the barley leaf off of the logo and moving to the ball and glove would continue that move.

I don't know why these would be 5950. I thought the BP caps were different from the game caps for a reason. Same reason the BP jerseys are different. They both use that kind of moisture-wicking mesh material.

While sportslogos.net got the Brewers retro hat wrong, when reviewing the Pirates hat, they did state the Pirates were the only team to hold an official unveiling and that the hat was a 5950. One would have to assume all the hats would be 5950 then, assuming this time sportslogos.net got the information correct.

I really hope the bp hats are not 5950. They fit weird on my head and look way too body. If new era could soften up the front panel or bring the corners in a little bit it would fit better. I know I'm not the only one who looks funny in 5950.

Archived