Brewer Fanatic

New MLB batting practice caps

Invader3K

ESPN has a really nice article up that displays and ranks the upcoming season's batting practice hats for all 30 teams. Brewers have two designs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/16228/first-look-new-mlb-batting-practice-caps

Here are the Brewers' ones if you don't feel like clicking the link:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8352/8309612773_7722ec0dd3.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8309612695_e670518455.jpg

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

don't like the regular one but the retro one is pretty cool. twins, tigers, royals, and nats did the same thing. I wonder if MLB designed these for every team of if the brewers had input. Seems weird that some have alternative logos like the braves, blue jays, rays, and rockies, some went white front panel, and some really made very minor changes.

I originally wasn't a fan of the "random gold stripe" either. Then came game 5 of the 2011 NLDS, when the teenage son of a coworker who sat with us bought one of the ball-glove design BP caps. I told him we'd find out by the end of the day whether that was his new lucky cap or his new unlucky cap. You know how that game turned out, so I've semi-rationally loved that design ever since.

So, this explains why the now-old designs were clearance priced at the clubhouse sale in December. Some of the new designs look OK to me, but not being the trucker hat type, I think I'll stick with what I have.

I also think it's a wonder that the Braves cap turned out as it did. Maybe they want to capture the interest of remaining Milwaukee Braves fans? I do like Toronto's use of the maple leaf, Oakland's use of the elephant, and the ball-head mascot characters on the Mets and Reds' caps.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I also think it's a wonder that the Braves cap turned out as it did. Maybe they want to capture the interest of remaining Milwaukee Braves fans? I do like Toronto's use of the maple leaf, Oakland's use of the elephant, and the ball-head mascot characters on the Mets and Reds' caps.

it would have been cool to either use the "futuristic" brewers logo like the rockies did or simply don't something with Bernie. I know MLB or the brewers have really avoided promoting beer in any way, but since Chief Noc-A-Homa is on the braves cap that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Don't mean to get too political on this forum but how in the heck did MLB approve the Braves' hat?

That's the (alternate?) logo for the Braves from 72-86. It's way better than Chief Wahoo.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Indians ate slowly fading out Wahoo, no longer on road or alternative weekend cap.

Surprised Braves would bring back that logo when the logos using Indians are being faded out.

Are they still 39thirty caps for batting practice, or are they using 59fifty now?

I guess I don't get what's so bad about the Braves' logo. It's not a total caricature like Chief Wahoo. Would people like it more if the logo wasn't screaming?

The Braves' logo is not a total caricature, too? Again, sorry if this is drifting toward political territory.

I guess I don't get what's so bad about the Braves' logo. It's not a total caricature like Chief Wahoo. Would people like it more if the logo wasn't screaming?

The Braves' logo is not a total caricature, too? Again, sorry if this is drifting toward political territory.

I would not say it is a caricature.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I get Invader's point. Wahoo is a cartoon whereas the Brave appears that it is a portrayal of a person that may have actually lived. Whether or not the usage of the logo is ok is another story, but I think that is what Invader was driving at.

Switching back to the topic at hand, I hope they go with the 59-50 style hat. I will definitely purchase the retro logo one. On a side note, there is an article on sportslogos.net stating the Brewers will use the retro one as their full time road batting practice hat with the current logo batting practice jersey. That seems very odd to me. Hopefully there will be some clarity on this as that really makes no sense to mix the logos.

I get Invader's point. Wahoo is a cartoon whereas the Brave appears that it is a portrayal of a person that may have actually lived. Whether or not the usage of the logo is ok is another story, but I think that is what Invader was driving at.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was getting at.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread, so we can leave that point at that for now.

Some people on Twitter mentioned they liked seeing some mascots on certain hats (Mr. Met, etc). I wonder if the Brewers will ever try putting Bernie on an alternate hat or patch.

On a side note, there is an article on sportslogos.net stating the Brewers will use the retro one as their full time road batting practice hat with the current logo batting practice jersey. That seems very odd to me. Hopefully there will be some clarity on this as that really makes no sense to mix the logos.

They made a mistake. The Ball and Glove hat is an alternative hat, not the full time road hat.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Switching back to the topic at hand, I hope they go with the 59-50 style hat. I will definitely purchase the retro logo one. On a side note, there is an article on sportslogos.net stating the Brewers will use the retro one as their full time road batting practice hat with the current logo batting practice jersey. That seems very odd to me. Hopefully there will be some clarity on this as that really makes no sense to mix the logos.

Hope they go 5950 to, using glove logo on the road is interesting one, are they finally thinking of fading the logo back in, or is it just a case of allowing them to have two different practice caps.

I hope it's the former.

anything is better than this disaster of a logo

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4e57a4ececad04123e000045-590/milwaukee-brewers-1994-1999.jpg

---------------

EDIT:

The image isn't loading for me; it's possible that the host might prevent hotlinking, but I'm also getting some kind of warning about an "attack vector." I've uploaded a copy as an attachment.

1992casey

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived