Brewer Fanatic

Rick Porcello might be available

DHonks

Personally, I would be thrilled to get Porcello and a move to the NL may put him back on track to the stardom we thought he'd achieve already. Still just 23, I maintain that Porcello will be an all-star one day

"He set career highs in both strikeout rate and ground ball rate in 2012," Cameron wrote, "but even more encouragingly, his velocity jumped nearly 2 mph, and he was regularly topping out at 95 for the first time as a big leaguer."

-Dave Cameron

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/11/fangraphs_analysis_detroit_tig.html

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Personally, I would be thrilled to get Porcello and a move to the NL may put him back on track to the stardom we thought he'd achieve already. Still just 23, I maintain that Porcello will be an all-star one day

"He set career highs in both strikeout rate and ground ball rate in 2012," Cameron wrote, "but even more encouragingly, his velocity jumped nearly 2 mph, and he was regularly topping out at 95 for the first time as a big leaguer."

-Dave Cameron

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/11/fangraphs_analysis_detroit_tig.html

Porcello would be great. Any idea what the Tigers want for him?

Porcello would be great. Any idea what the Tigers want for him?

Porcello is kind of an odd-contract situation. Remember, he was given a Major League deal out of high-school; a contract which ran it's course in 2012. I believe he is "Super-Two" arby eligible now which means he'll have arby years through 2015. He's estimated to earn around 4.5 million in 2013.

I would bet Porcello would require a young pitcher in return when taking the Tigers current system into account. I'm not sure I'd ante up a Peralta or Thornburg for him, but he might be able to be had with a Jungmann-type.

Archived