Brewer Fanatic

Manny Parra non-tendered

facebook12

Good bye to the most frustrating prospect I've ever closely followed and rooted for.

Manny your career should have been much better to this point than it has been. I could have dealt with ineffectiveness due to injury given your history, but injuries weren't your primary problem. Someone with your raw stuff you should have been #2 in the rotation but in the end you aren't good enough to be a bullpen guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if he figures it out and has a successful career, he'll get plenty of opportunity because he's a LHP with good stuff.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I wouldn't be surprised if he figures it out and has a successful career, he'll get plenty of opportunity because he's a LHP with good stuff.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he spends the next 4 seasons on 5 different MLB rosters just because he's a LHP with good stuff, but he'll never be able to command it at the big league level to sustain success. Regardless of whether Parra does ultimately harness his potential and succeed elsewhere, I for one am glad it will be elsewhere so his spot in the Brewers' pitching staff can be filled by someone that hasn't had upteen chances to earn it.

Good bye to the most frustrating prospect I've ever closely followed and rooted for.

Manny your career should have been much better to this point than it has been. I could have dealt with ineffectiveness due to injury given your history, but injuries weren't your primary problem. Someone with your raw stuff you should have been #2 in the rotation but in the end you aren't good enough to be a bullpen guy.

His 2008 season was probably his best and only good season so far. To bad he started to tire during that stretch as he was the Brewers 2nd best pitcher behind Sheets in the first half of '08. Parra will probably figure it out with another team I just hope it is for a non NL Central team.

Second this...Nothing is more frustrating to me than watching a guy with amazing natural abilities not being able to harness it. Whether it is fair or not, I always felt like Parra never had the mental fortitude or mental toughness to be as good as he should be.

The guy had the most hittable fastball I have ever seen. That could be my imagination but his FB seemed straight as a string with little control. Offspeed stuff is good enough to be in MLB; but when your FB is that hittable it makes it hard to succeed unless you have a Hoffman change up.

I agree with all of this except the last paragraph.

I would be floored if he ever figured it out. He lacks, IMO, mental toughness. In a big way.

Edit: I see I Warning Track Power beat me to it.

ending up in texas is my guess

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

but injuries weren't your primary problem

Parra never looked close to as good as he did pre injuries. Injuries were easily his problem as they completely derailed his control. There are hundreds of pitchers like this who should have been better but got hurt a few times and just never were able to overcome it, he isn't unique in any way.

Thank you. About time Doug put a fork in him.

Mental toughness had nothing to do with Manny. He just wasn't good. Sure he could throw hard, big whoop when you can't throw a strike.

I personally think command is part mental. Which is part of what I was alluding to.

Via Jack Moore:

Parra's .337 BABIP is the highest ever for a post-expansion (1961) pitcher with at least 500 career innings, and it's not even close. Glendon Rusch, another former Brewer, checks in second at .326.

Any kind of correlation between less movement on a fastball and a higher BABIP? Like less movement=guys squaring up on the ball better and hitting it harder so your BABIP would be above average?

advocates for the devil

I'm actually going to miss Parra. I'm on record in the past and several here have argued with me...but no matter how flukey it may be his career spiraled downward after Fielder attacked him in the dugout. It wasn't a fight as EDR alluded to...it was a mugging...pure and simple. I hated the princess named Fielder from that day forward and will rue the day when he gets too fat for baseball.

Manny is a good young man, a very talented pitcher and I really hope he puts it all together for a team in the AL Central...with a chance to dot Princess between his fat freaking numbers.

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I'm actually going to miss Parra. I'm on record in the past and several here have argued with me...but no matter how flukey it may be his career spiraled downward after Fielder attacked him in the dugout. It wasn't a fight as EDR alluded to...it was a mugging...pure and simple. I hated the princess named Fielder from that day forward and will rue the day when he gets too fat for baseball.

Manny is a good young man, a very talented pitcher and I really hope he puts it all together for a team in the AL Central...with a chance to dot Princess between his fat freaking numbers.

This is sarcam, right?

Nope...no blue font. I honestly think Fielder was a big part of Parra's demise. Check the before and after stats for Parra...Fielders mugging changed him.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Funny. If this is really the reason why Parra's career spiraled downward he really is a mental midget.

Nope...no blue font. I honestly think Fielder was a big part of Parra's demise. Check the before and after stats for Parra...Fielders mugging changed him.

Of all the potential reasons for a player's lack of success that is by far the dumbest I have ever heard. If there is any truth to that I wouldn't want Manny making my burger at McDonalds let alone trying to be a professional athlete.

Archived