Brewer Fanatic

Mets re-sign David Wright (seven years 122 million in new money)

PrinceFielderx1
The Mets and David Wright have agreed to the largest contract in franchise history, according to WFAN's Ed Coleman. Coleman says it's seven years and $122MM in new money, which can be considered an eight-year, $138MM deal if the value of Wright's previously-exercised 2013 club option is included. In that sense, Wright passes Johan Santana's $137.5MM deal from February 2008. Wright is represented by ACES.

mlbtraderumors.com

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/30/exclusive-mets-wright-agree-to-terms-on-7-year-extension/

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

he will be 30 on opening day. i know he had a great season last year but he will be 38 at the end of this deal. seams like alot of money for a team with alot of problems. this is a move for a team looking to win now and worry about later later, the mets are not currently in win now mode though.

The Mets had a chance to make a franchise transforming move by trading him to fill holes and get some young talent into the organization. Instead they wasted a ton of money and years on him. Like the last poster said he'll be 30 on opening day and this team isn't going to content for a couple years. His prime years will be wasted on lost seasons and he'll be on the decline when they are finally ready to compete. Stupid move.

Archived