Brewer Fanatic

Maldonado Ideas to NYY

I'd like to try and put together a deal for Hughes if we could extend him..

I second that. I think Hughes has a load of potential and is a mid-3 ERA guy in the NL. I will say that it is hard for me to trade one of the Cs as we now have depth at the position I don't remember us ever having. That being said, he could be a solid #2 that could extend the rotation and a backup C who plays 6 times a month is probably expendable.

As HTR stated though, he is a FA after the season and is likely looking at $10-ish million/year extension. Would you be willing to go there? I think I would.

I really can't see them trading a catcher. If they only have Lucroy or Maldonado, then he gets injured, we've got NO ONE -- probably even less depth than the SS predicament last year. To that I say, "NO WAY!" It's not remotely worth the risk!

I really can't see them trading a catcher. If they only have Lucroy or Maldonado, then he gets injured, we've got NO ONE -- probably even less depth than the SS predicament last year. To that I say, "NO WAY!" It's not remotely worth the risk!

Mike Rivera will come to the rescue like he always does.

Mike Rivera will come to the rescue like he always does.

... with 3 productive ABs & 33 lousy ones!

Archived