Brewer Fanatic

Jordan Walden

yes yes yes yes. if Ax faulters Walden could step in

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Walden would be great. I guess the question is 'at what price'?

Angels will probably argue he's a 'closer' and want a lot. I guess it can't hurt to find out.

Houston was reportedly shopping Wilton Lopez:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lopezwi01.shtml

The guy has great numbers over the last three years, but I don't really know much about him.

Philly reportedly had a trade set up, but that doesn't look like a done deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/phillies-to-acquire-wilton-lopez.html

I'd love either player. Again, at what price?

Would you trade Gamel for him? I think I would. My thinking here is the Angels may want to put Gamel at 3B given their lack of a 3B and it also helps Gamel is LH as a majority of that lineup is RH (Pujols, Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, Kendrick, Ianetta).

Gamel for Walden...I'd do it.

in a heartbeat

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Would you trade Gamel for him? I think I would. My thinking here is the Angels may want to put Gamel at 3B given their lack of a 3B and it also helps Gamel is LH as a majority of that lineup is RH (Pujols, Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, Kendrick, Ianetta).

Gamel for Walden...I'd do it.

The Angels wouldn't do this deal as they have a prospect about a year away who can play 3B and is better than Gamel.

Something more along the lines that the Angels would want would be Fiers and another prospect.

I'd trade Jungmann for Walden in a heartbeat, too. Walden is already a proven MLB pitcher, who would be under control through 2016.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

No way I trade Taylor Jungmann for Jordan Walden. I realize some people are down on Jungmann for the lack of K's but this is going overboard. Giving up a potential 200 inning horse for a guy who maybe pitches 70 innings in a year is the definition of trading backwards in value.
@WiscoSportsNut

There's too many good relievers that are free agents to make me want to trade assets for one.

In this case he is cheap. So we would be trading assets for cash in essence (plus the experienced for youth/health tradeoff).

I would start with A. Pena and see how much more it would take. Just think we can repeat all the flattering things they had to say about Pena back to them.

just got traded to the Braves for Hanson. wow

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Count me out on Jungmann, he looks like he maybe a big leaguer.

Ditto. I really have no interest in dealing what may actually be our best pitching prospect for a 7th or 8th inning guy. I would struggle trading him even if Walden were to be our closer.

Walden was traded to Atlanta, but what about the year Jungmann had in A+ ball last year was so impressive, especially given he was a 22 year old, not a kid out of high school?

Count me out on Jungmann, he looks like he maybe a big leaguer.

Ditto. I really have no interest in dealing what may actually be our best pitching prospect for a 7th or 8th inning guy. I would struggle trading him even if Walden were to be our closer.

Walden was traded to Atlanta, but what about the year Jungmann had in A+ ball last year was so impressive, especially given he was a 22 year old, not a kid out of high school?

I asked Jim Callis about Jungmann earlier today. Here's what he said.

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisBA

Came on in second half, still think he can be a No. 3. @wiscosportsnut: Thoughts on Taylor Jungmann after his debut in A+ ball? #Brewers

@WiscoSportsNut

Venters,Walden,Kimbrel. I realize some people may think highly of Hanson. But he's become that ineffective will he get past the 4th inning type pitcher. Take away a SP who has begun taxing your bullpen and then solidifying your 7inn reliever? That's impressive. Not only for shutting down end of games but there has to be an effect on the team offensively to keep digging away when behind knowing the guys are there to keep adding zeroes for you to come back.

Washington and Atlanta are going to be quite the teams this season.

Archived