Brewer Fanatic

2012 Team signed ball.

midaph

It is pretty hard to place value on it to be honest.

Basically, it is worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it.

Great item, but I don't think you can pay your mortgage with it...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Was it signed by the team pre or post Greinke trade? I'd say anywhere between 150-250, but it really depends on what EVERYONE means. Fiers, Rogers, Peralta, Thornburg, and Estrada on there or is it Wolf, Narveson, Marcum and Greinke, a combination of these guys or all of em? If Greinke is on there, then Segura probably isn't. Is Kottaras on there, because Maldinado would probably be preferred auto.

Most guys will put their number on a team ball, it'd be a little more helpful if you went through and said who was all on there. Also, is it smudged at all? That can happen with 25 guys playing with the same ball if the ink isn't set yet.

Finally, is Roenicke the sweet spot or is it a star player like Braun or Greinke? That would actually pull the value down.

I would agree with the $100 ballpark. Team balls from a team that didn't win anything don't hold a ton of value, really depends on the star signatures. Braun would be the money signature. The quality/location of his autograph could affect value. Really team balls like this only are of exceeding value if there are multiple HOF players, or a player who passes at a very early age.

Old man rant ahead:

Too many modern players have such ugly scribbles for signatures that I wonder how much long term interest there will be in their autographs.

I don't know what your ball looks like, and perhaps it is a gem, but too often, I'll look at an item and will struggle to even guess who signed it. A lot of the interest in an autographed item is to have someone else look at it and admire it, but much of that is lost if they can't tell who's who.

Rant over.

If you have rookies or younger players who are destined for stardom on that ball, then it will have good value. Or sadly, if someone on that team dies young, then it will have interest. Otherwise, I'd put it in the $100-$150 range. If it's bold and beautiful, maybe a couple bucks more.

living near spring training, i got a 2011 team signed ball. one of the most miserable ventures being persistent to bother ppl who dont believe in small favors. and yes i was quite surprised to get carlos gomez what a nice straight line he put on it vs all the other ppl who drew squigglies. surprised that it was yovani gallardo drew the prettiest nice auto. axford also takes pride.

so lucky for you, or hopefully for you, you got an official hologram id w some sort of MLB authenticity (or perhaps a letter from the brewers) if you intend to sell it. if you were ever curious of value of "luxury collectibles". you should probably research what folks actually pay than ask for speculation on a board and not appreciate the input. heres a start buddy. good luck to you!!!

http://brewers.auction.mlb.com/

Agreed on Axford and Yo's signature, both are great. I think Braun does a good job of making his sig look like it belongs to him. I guess I can't blame guys to an extent, my signature gets about three letters from my first name and two from my last name...and all I have to sign is hall passes.

Archived