Brewer Fanatic

Sun Times Show?

JimH5

Anyone going to the show this weekend?

I'm planning to go early in the day on Saturday.

I've been to the National at that venue a few years ago, but this is my first go-round at the Mounted Memories show.

Hope it's a good one. . .

I'll be heading down early Saturday as well. I've got about 50-75 cards I need to send in through PSA, and I'll be hunting for some other raw cards unless a nicely graded Aaron, Spahn or Mathews pops up for me.

It's usually pretty good. They're should be a lot of tables and some guy has a ton of jerseys, jackets, and hoodies for sale (unfortunately not much for Wisconsin related sports).

You can probably expect more or less the same as you saw at the National. This will be my fourth show at that venue.

Jim, did you find any good stuff? I submitted like 70 cards to PSA. I picked up a pretty nice 56 Spahn card to complete my Braves team set from this year, and a good 57 Mathews, the centering is a little off but the corners are sharp as ever for 20. Was gonna pull the trigger on a 53 Topps Mathews, but couldn't find anyone who'd give me a decent price on those Notre Dame programs I mentioned before.

Would have like to have gone. It was my daughters birthday today, and Gonzaga is tomorrow. November is the month where my bills are tight from vacations in October, projects around the house and multiple life insurance policies due. The November credit card bill is higher for those reasons and I refuse to have a balance.

I went and thought it was pretty good. Not as much vintage stuff as I would have liked, but I probably didn't need to spend any more than I did.

I picked up a bunch of Sunoco pins featuring the 1970? Brewers. The dealer insisted that they were from 1969, and I couldn't convince him that they weren't, since the Brewers didn't exist in 1969, but he had a price guide that insisted they were from 1969. Strange guy, with a very impressive amount of interesting stuff. I had not seen those pins before, and they are pretty cool and fairly cheap ($6 each).

And I saw Phil Marks, an autograph dealer who I have known for 10 years or so. I picked up a few signed 3x5s. Joe Gordon was the prize of the lot.

I was close on a vintage Yankees pennant from Rick Haskins. He's the best pennant dealer I have met. Still holding out for a better piece, though.

And I was hoping that Kevin Keating would be there. He's the go-to guy for vintage high end autographs. I'm trying to get as many old HOFers as I can. I picked up a catalog from Collect Auctions. They are running an auction now with some very nice items.

It was my first non-Gonzaga show in more than a year, so I did get my itch scratched. That $12 parking fee is a little steep, since you've still got a lot of walking to do afterward. Maybe that off lot will be a better choice. . .

Archived