Brewer Fanatic

fan spring training jersey contest

patrickgpe

So may I ask, how people are making these? As in what program are you using. Sorry, not a graphics guy :(

There are some very interesting ones submitted. Whoever showed the ball and glove with the current colors on here back in the day, that's my favorite! I think that would be money. I also liked the jersey that looked like a spin on the old Houston Astros rainbow jersey. Good stuff guys! Oh, love the MB mug with WI foam too!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The barrel man one is the best of the three IMO. I would also purchase that hat.

I'm happy I didn't waste my time with submitting a design. I had a couple ideas (mainly involving a beer barrel) but knew in my gut they were looking for something more simple that just involved the new and/or retro logos. Kinda disappointed by that.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

I enjoyed the one with the ball and glove logo the best of the three. However, none of them really stood out to me. There were a few good ideas out there including a "Cream City" jersey, and another one that had "Maryville" in the Brewers current font.

I was hoping to see something not so ordinary, and for a one day uni to really shake it up.

I enjoyed the one with the ball and glove logo the best of the three. However, none of them really stood out to me. There were a few good ideas out there including a "Cream City" jersey, and another one that had "Maryville" in the Brewers current font.

I was hoping to see something not so ordinary, and for a one day uni to really shake it up.

the 3 finalists really make be concerned that when the brewers actually do a full logo / uniform change, i'm not going to be happy.

You must hate the ball and glove logo because I will absolutely shocked if the one with the ball and glove logo on the chest doesn't win. I've felt for years that it is only a matter of time before they go back and this will be just another step in the process.

I think the team chose those 3 not because they were the best designs, but because they are changing uniforms after this season and would like to see what the fans like. If one wins the fan vote soundly I'm thinking it will be incorporated in new uniforms in 2014.

i love the ball and glove logo, i do not like uniforms that feature a logo on the chest though. i wish the brewers would go back to it and have uniforms similar to what they wore in the 80's with modern colors.

Did anyone notice if there was a submission along these lines? Ball and glove logo with the modern navy and gold colors?

Seems to be a pretty common uniform suggestion on these message boards. I was hoping someone would have put one together.

Not allowed to vote as I am outside the US, when do the pole's close?

Do you live in the north pole or something?

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I want to buy one of these jerseys

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I just re-read the post on the John and Cait blog on Brewers.com and didn't realize the fan vote only consisted of one vote of eight total votes for the uniform contest. Here is the blurb again:

In addition to the fan vote, a panel of voters including Axford, Brewers President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Doug Melvin and Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger will judge the finalists. The fan vote will stay open until Tuesday, January 22 at 10 a.m. CT and will count as one vote among the panel of eight judges. Other judges include Brewers Senior Director – Merchandise Branding Jill Aronoff, and representatives from Majestic, New Era and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

With all these other entities involved, specifically New Era and Majestic, I am more convinced the ball and glove chest patch uniform will win. Majestic and New Era will vote for the uniform and hat most likely to be incorporated into a full time design or at least an alternate uniform to be worn during the season as it serves their bottom line. Given this and given that I for one do not believe the Brewers front office will change their current scheme to anything other than a return to a jersey which incorporates the ball and glove given the love for that logo, I do not see a way the yellow jersey or the completely re-designed Brewer jersey with the Barrelman hat wins.

I of course have been clamoring for a return to the ball and glove for years, so my opinion may be a little biased. We'll see Sunday though.

Archived