Brewer Fanatic

fan spring training jersey contest

patrickgpe
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok. I like it. The "B" as the Mug handle is also very creative. Unfortunately, even though they are called "The Brewers" and the image of a mug of beer may seem innocent, I'm guessing that MLB will not approve any logo on a uniform that symbolizes alcohol. Maybe I'm completely wrong on this assumption.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Ok. I like it. The "B" as the Mug handle is also very creative. Unfortunately, even though they are called "The Brewers" and the image of a mug of beer may seem innocent, I'm guessing that MLB will not approve any logo on a uniform that symbolizes alcohol. Maybe I'm completely wrong on this assumption.

I agree. I love the submission by Hitman Hart other than the sausage link numbers. :)

• 2 weeks later...
went through the lot, so far this is my favorite

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/mil_2012_youniform/display/284352164.jpg

A simplified version of this is actually what I would like to see the Brewers go to on a full time basis. Small ball and glove on the chest with the number on a full white jersey.

Yuck. That looks like a Brewers bowling shirt. The powder blue juxtaposed as a main color with the dark blue as paired "primary" colors takes points away, too (actually, about anything in the powder blue does that for me).

The NBA is reaching new lows in good uniform design. This two-color shirt reminds me also of the terrible-looking two-tone Buffalo Bills jerseys they wore for about 10 years 'til last year. The whole business of different-color shoulder "yokes" should be confined to the NHL, and most of those I don't care for, either.

Yuck. That looks like a Brewers bowling shirt. The powder blue juxtaposed as a main color with the dark blue as paired "primary" colors takes points away, too (actually, about anything in the powder blue does that for me).

The NBA is reaching new lows in good uniform design. This two-color shirt reminds me also of the terrible-looking two-tone Buffalo Bills jerseys they wore for about 10 years 'til last year. The whole business of different-color shoulder "yokes" should be confined to the NHL, and most of those I don't care for, either.

well this is a one time thing, have you looked at the designs, most of them are pretty rough. i understand that i am no artist and couldn't come up with one. I didn't know that the current M logo had to be there in some way which limits possibilities.

I'd be for the early 90's jerseys (minus the pinstripes) with updated color schemes / logos as the brewers primary jerseys.

i think the NBA has gotten back on track with jerseys. purple has gone away for the most part and the ugly raptors, rockets, pistons etc jerseys of the 90's have gone away for more classic looks.

Yes, I've looked at all of them multiple times. One-time or not, I still don't like what I don't like....

The monochrome stuff is the latest NBA "thing" that seems really dumb or ugly, much like the "everyone have a black alternate" 10-year run -- yuck! Some of the retro ones are alright because they kinda got back to basics. But the Brooklyn ones are so plain that they're very boring.

This is the design I submitted. I was trying to go for a modern look with a retro color scheme.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/derekj2oo7/brewers-1.png

If we were to ever go back to the ball and glove logo full time, I could see the usage of it combined with the state of Wisconsin as a sleeve patch. It is very clever.

it is not officially part of a sponsorship agreement, although the font is pretty similar to miller's font.

i would also like to see the logo come back. it seems to be a trend these days, of going retro. I would like to do something similar to what the blue jays did last season, although i would hope the brewers would update the color scheme from what they used in the 80's / early 90's.

I do hope we go back to the glove and ball logo full time.

I am new to the history of the club, but is the current logo part of a sponsorship agreement with the Miller Brewing company, as it does remind me of Millers Beer?

I believe the sign on the stadium was designed with the beer in mind. We then designed new uniforms to go with our new stadium. It made sense to have the same font on the jerseys as on the stadium. That is why it is the same font as a can of Milwaukee's 2nd best.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived