Brewer Fanatic

fan spring training jersey contest

patrickgpe

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was just the first thing I thought of. I thought it was a cool idea for the Brewers, but then I played around with swapping the colors out on the logo & wasn't as into it. I could see the Brewers either dismissing the concept out of hand (just 'been there, done that') or actually really liking it.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm looking forward to this news! I've already got a few ideas but I wonder what the official contest rules will stipulate. Probably have to be a Wisconsin resident or something like that. Darn it all if it's true.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

i just hope the fans don't mess it up once it gets to the fan vote.

(the fan poll will be weighted the same as one judge’s vote).

It looks like there will be at least 7 other voters each as powerful as the fan vote. I wonder if they will get to cast their "votes" after they know the results of the fans.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I wonder if this is really a promotion done because the Brewers are genuinely looking into a re-branding of the team. I hope so. As for a re-branding, I don't want something new but rather I would love to see the Brewers incorporate the two iconic logos from the past into one uniform.

COLORS: I would really like the Brewers to go more with a modification of the blue/yellow tone they have gone with. I would take the navy of the present uniform and the yellow from the ball and glove era and combine those. Think University of Michigan color scheme.

HAT: I for one would want the Brewers/Braves block M on the hat with the ball and glove logo as the alternate hat.

UNIFORM: I like this concept for the away jersey, but with the navy and yellow color scheme.

http://chancemichaels.tripod.com/brewers_images/classic_road.jpg

As for the home jersey, I would like to see simple. No cursive or that type. Maybe just the block M or ball and glove on the chest similar to the Yankees or Cubs.

This is exciting to me as I just don't have love for the current uniform and would welcome a change as long as it keeps the uniform simple and doesn't go all Marlins on us.

That "new classic" concept looks like a Braves uniform. I don't want a Braves uniform. Count me out on any future Brewers uniform rooted in the Braves' look & color scheme. Yuck. Those belong to another team & organization who left Milwaukee nearly 50 years ago.

I far prefer the current look -- or ANY Brewers look!!!! -- a thousand times over anything that remotely resembles the Braves. These are the Brewers, not the Braves. And NO MORE RED in MLB -- enough already! -- red became the 2000's version of the '70s powder blue or the '90s black (or, on a lesser basis, teal).

Community Moderator

The first round of submissions is now available for viewing online.

They are mostly terrible, although there are a few decent ideas so far. Seems like most people used Microsoft Paint! Lots of attempts to blend the old logo with the new colors or vice-versa.

The ugliest one of all takes the Badgers' "motion W" and turns it upside-down to make an M and sideways to make a B. There are only a few attempts at new logos so far.

I assume that the people who actually know what they are doing will take longer.

good Lord, I made it through about 40 of those submissions. They are all terrible. I appreciate the ones that were obviously made by kids but the rest of those are just . . . . ewwwww.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Well I submitted mine, though it's not on the website yet. I originally tried to come up with a new logo, but I quickly remembered I have no artistic ability once I saw how bad it looked. Really wish they allowed more than one submission per person, as there were so many different directions I considered going with it. My love of teal/aqua eventually won out, but now I'm worried it looks too much like the Rays.

The ugliest one of all takes the Badgers' "motion W" and turns it upside-down to make an M and sideways to make a B.

Don't forget the "motion font" style uniform number. :rolleyes

My apologies if Michael from Kaukauna is one of you guys, but I've yet to see a use of the motion font (outside of UW) that doesn't make me cringe.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

there were a few in there that I liked. they weren't anything earth shattering, but for a one day uniform, there's a lot worse out there.

I kinda wanted to submit something, but I'm terrible with graphic arts on a computer, I used to do a lot of lettering and was considering doing something freehand, but it doesn't look like I can. Oh well, the chances of me winning are pretty slim anyway.

Good luck to those of you that do compete!

Good lord, are those terrible. As was said above, there were a couple valiant efforts at combining the old logo with today's aspects of the uniform. For a one day uni, I saw one that said "Cream City," which was kind of clever. There was another one that used the old Pilots font, which might be kind of cool for a single game thing.

EDIT: The entry from Brent in McHenry, IL is a design I could get behind for a single game. I like the Bernie Brewer face on the hat.

I'd be against any design that has the logo on the hat skewed off to one side.

Other than that, I thought many of the designs that have been submitted so far have been interesting. Most of them a lot better and more creative than anything I could come up with.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived