Brewer Fanatic

Blue Jays close to acquiring Josh Johnson, Jose Reyes in "epic trade"

trwi7

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This trade is hilarious. The Marlins are such a joke of a franchise. Their ownership continues to baffle me. They are giving away every good player they have in one deal. The Jays are making out like bandits here no matter what. I really hope this cause Toronto and Baltimore to finish 1st and 2nd in the AL East. Tampa might as well finish 3rd. That would be awesome!
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

So it's looking like the Jays are getting Johnson, Buerhle, Reyes, Bonifacio, and Buck. How about this lineup and rotation?

SS Reyes

2B Bonifacio

3B Lawrie

RF Bautista

1B Encarnacion

DH Lind

CF Rasmus

C Arencibia

LF Gose

Johnson

Buerhle

Romero

Morrow

Happ

That's really, really solid. And also this is before any other moves or signings. The Blue Jays are going to be legit contenders.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Holy crap, blue jays are loading up.

Two above average starter pitchers, an all-star caliber SS, a solid, versatile IF/OF, and you're unloading an idiot in Escobar - all in one deal.

I guess I don't know much about the young players the Jays are giving up, but wow, talk about a fire sale.

I'm assuming the deadline for Marlin season ticket holders to renew was yesterday.

This could warrant a whole new thread, but what are the ramifications for teams trying to build new a new stadium? This could give the anti-stadium populace a huge piece of ammo.

Florida fans must be smoking pissed.

All 10 of them?? :tongue

I'm not going to make fun of their fanbase because would you want to follow that team?

In related news, Giancarlo Stanton chimes in. Comments are what one would expect.

So how long until Stanton demands a trade? Good chance it already happened, lol.

After this megadeal, they should probably deal Stanton asap. His value will never be higher, & I agree with you in that I can't imagine he wants any part of staying with Miami now.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think Selig needs to step in here and kill this trade and then force Loria to sell the Marlins. This trade does not help out baseball at all as it may kill it for the city of Miami. Why would you as a fan go see this team when you will never know for sure who is going to be on that team and if your team is ever going to be competitive? They got a new stadium and have some nice talent so I don't see a reason why someone wouldn't want to come in and buy this team.

I hope Selig comes in and kills this trade as this is just not good at all for baseball and hopefully the owners see this also and vote on getting rid of Loria.

Why is this trade bad for baseball? Sure, the Marlins are fleecing their fans and taxpayers who built that stadium, but the Marlins already were a horribly run franchise. With this deal, the Blue Jays become instant contenders and add even more competition to the AL East. I, for one, am excited to see just who will come out on top in that division next year. It will be stacked from top to bottom.

Yeah Loria has to be by far the worst owner in the league. He needs to be forced out. I don't feel to much sympathy for Miami considering they probably wouldn't support the team anyway but even they deserve better.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I agree the marlins are a joke, but Toronto isn't getting anything great here. Johnson is broken, IMO, Buehrle is OK, I wouldn't want Reyes' contract, and frankly,I expect him to be hurt for a lot of it. They don't seem to be giving up much, but I don't think they're a contender at all at this point.

Toronto is taking on a couple of the worst contracts in baseball in this trade in my opinion in Reyes and Buerhle (though I was wrong about him this past year)Depending on the players actually going to Miami, I think I actually like this trade from a business/bottom line standpoint for Miami

The title of this thread should read:

Blue Jays close to acquiring the Miami Marlins

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

When you consider the money and the fact that Johnson is in the last year of his deal, this looks a lot better for Miami.

The true superstar in Miami is Stanton. If one of the prospects becomes an all-star and one or two more turn into 2.5-3.5 win players, Miami wins.

Reyes is horribly overrated.

Archived