Brewer Fanatic

Nyjer Morgan outrighted -- [Released by CLE on 8.5.14 (post #47)]

MVP2110

morgan can declare free agency. reports are that the brewers are not interested in signing him to a minor league deal.

this move puts the roster at 34.

if you're a brewers minor league prospect facing having his contract purchased, that's got to make you feel good. if you're logan schafer, it's got to make you feel even better.

Thanks for 2011 Nyjer---you were in and out of here quickly, but you made a huge difference for a little while!

Nicely put. To add.... marketing you and your alter-ego made the Crew a lot of money!! Thank you sir and the best of luck to you and your many alter-egos.

I'll add that I was pleasantly surprised with his attitude throughout 2012. When the Brewers were playing there best baseball of the year in August and September you could still hear Morgan trying to pump everyone up from the bench.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I won't ever forget.... Thank you, Nyjer.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_10_07_arimlb_milmlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=mil#gid=2011_10_07_arimlb_milmlb_1&mode=video

Also: Ed Sedar's reaction is about the same as mine.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I too will give Nyjer an awful lot of credit for how he handled this season. And while he wasn't very good, he was a very big part of the success of the 2011 team. And like Baldkin said, while he wasn't here very long, he did provide me with a moment that will forever be etched into my memory.

Good luck to him wherever he winds up.

I'll second the kudos to Nyjer for a great 2011 and a good attitude in 2012. I also will miss his personality... perhaps it was the wrong fit in 2012 but in 2011 his personality coupled with that team was very memorable. And, as has been said already, I will never forget Game 5 against Arizona. It is my favorite baseball memory of all time and will forever be a huge part of this franchise. I hope that in years to come after he eventually retires that we see T Plush out in full force at Brewers 2011 reunions.

I've watched this clip plenty of times over the last year-plus. I enjoy Ed's reaction too. For some reason I wasn't paying attention to what Sedar was doing live. ;)

Thanks for playing, Nyjer. I hope you enjoyed your Brewers tenure as much as we did.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

When Nyjer came to Milwaukee he had a reputation of being a clubhouse cancer. His time in Milwaukee sure didn't support that feeling. As a Brewer he will be remembered as a catalyst. When his playing time dwindled he became a first rate cheerleader. Wherever Nyjer ends up we should all be wishing him the best and rooting for him(even if he ends up in St. Louis). He won't be remembered as one of our greatest players but he will be remembered as one of our greatest characters. Good luck Nyjer.

as a pittsburgh resident, and lifelong brewers/pirates fan, I was ecstatic to see him come to milwaukee. watching him in pittsburgh was so fun, hated seeing him get traded to washington (they got hanrahan plus a guy now in japan for morgan and sean burnett), but loved getting him in march last year for cutter and cash. will be missed, will root for him wherever he ends up

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I loved Nyjer's (brief) time with the Brewers. Getting to see him everyday and subsequently getting to "know" the real Nyjer Morgan, he was nothing like his reputation that preceded him. The ugly incident(s) in WSH and all the clubhouse stuff is well documented. I tried to explain to my friends how likable of a guy Morgan was and how much of a positive catalyst he was for the team's success in 2011.

Thanks again Nyjer for the fun and for you honest contributions between the lines. I wish you well and continued success wherever you land.

You made that 2011 playoff run a blast and the subsequent T Plush interviews were always so much fun. As an aside, although not politically correct (or sportsman like) to admit, I'll always enjoy you tossing your chew at Chris Carpenter and dropping the "Alberta" blast on Pujols. :)

One of the funnest moments I've had was going to a game in St. Louis in August 2011, and Nyjer ended up on third. We were seated along the third base line along with scatterings of other Brewers fans. Nyjer threw up the "T" toward our group and we all responded in kind. It was pretty awesome.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

That clip gives me goosebumps and a constant smile every time I see it. That was one of the greatest sports moments I've ever witnessed and experienced. And I'm glad I was able to experience it in person. I'll always have a soft spot for Nyjer Morgan because of that. And for the record, I couldn't stand him before he became a Brewer.

Follow me on Twitter

Nyjer will always be one of the bigger folk heroes in Brewer history. As someone once said about someone else, 'he'll never have to buy a beer in this town again'. I also think that the clubhouse cancer rep was overblown, the swagger seemed to be mostly 'persona'- plus all his on field conflicts were with the opposing team/fans, which I actually respect in this day and age.

We were at the Brewers-Nationals series in WSH in April 2010. For the third game (featuring the Counsell Crush), we sat just left of the batter's eye in what was kind of a club level (padded seats & in-seat menu). A guy in front of us had his season tickets there and sported a signed Nyjer Morgan jersey. He was a nice guy, too - talked down a couple of WSH fans who were questioning Carlos Gomez's manhood, and took a couple of photos of me and the SO after the game.

I'd love to find that fan again and swap Nyjer Morgan stories (maybe even also STL hatred stories).

Another glimpse into Nyjer as good guy: this past May we got a surprise upgrade (417 to 110) from the season ticket window. This guy behind us was holding up his young son while players warmed up on the field. Nyjer saw them, jogged over, said "How you doin', Chief?" to the kid and gave him a signed ball. I don't think the kid quite got the significance of it, but the dad sure did.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On top of what everybody else has said, Morgan threw the Cardinals into fits of rage like no other player. Even if he hadn't made such a difference in 2011 or been an all-around good guy or entertained us with his antics, I would love him for that.

On top of what everybody else has said, Morgan threw the Cardinals into fits of rage like no other player. Even if he hadn't made such a difference in 2011 or been an all-around good guy or entertained us with his antics, I would love him for that.

If only he'd been able to play with Mike Cameron... imagine the possibilities

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Thanks for posting that link, haven't watched that in a long time. Well I actually didn't even watch it when it happened because I was so nervous, I was on the stairs where I couldn't see the tv! Haha.

He really did a lot for this team the last few years and I want to give him props for that. I was a little worried but man was I wrong. Glad we had him here.

I loved T. Plush and his antics from start to finish. It's too bad they don't have a position for him next year, but it's also nice that the Brewers are no longer in a situation where they have to bring back fringe free agents and hope for career years to be competitive.

We were at the Brewers-Nationals series in WSH in April 2010. For the third game (featuring the Counsell Crush), we sat just left of the batter's eye in what was kind of a club level (padded seats & in-seat menu). A guy in front of us had his season tickets there and sported a signed Nyjer Morgan jersey. He was a nice guy, too - talked down a couple of WSH fans who were questioning Carlos Gomez's manhood, and took a couple of photos of me and the SO after the game.

I'd love to find that fan again and swap Nyjer Morgan stories (maybe even also STL hatred stories).

Another glimpse into Nyjer as good guy: this past May we got a surprise upgrade (417 to 110) from the season ticket window. This guy behind us was holding up his young son while players warmed up on the field. Nyjer saw them, jogged over, said "How you doin', Chief?" to the kid and gave him a signed ball. I don't think the kid quite got the significance of it, but the dad sure did.

Wow! I was at that game and probably not more than 20 yards from you and this story. I remember telling the friend I was with "not to worry about ever seeing a perfect game--you'll be able to tell your grand kids you were there when Craig Counsell hit a grand slam!"

That was a fun game.

Thank you Nyjer for everything you did baseball related. I found your Tony Plush antics boorish. I actually enjoyed him more this year when he just played baseball. Even though I didn't like his antics I don't think he was a clubhouse cancer at any point.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived