Brewer Fanatic

Ervin Santana Traded to....

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/8577812/ervin-santana-traded-kansas-city-royals-los-angeles-angels

Kansas City!

Brandon Sisk seems like a decent player without digging too deep. More than K/IP and a 1.25 WHIP in two Triple AAA seasons.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=sisk--001bra

Let's go get Haren!

I find it interesting that Kansas City would go out and get Santana. Everyone is excited about some of their young pitching and this would seem to block one of them. Maybe they aren't as high on them as they once were.

Would like to see how much cash is going KCs way, but a meh reliever for a youngish SP isn't great return. I'd imagine this lowers Haren's value a bit given his injury history. As long as someone signs Lohse ASAP we won't have Suppan III and Wolf II to look forward too.

I find it interesting that Kansas City would go out and get Santana. Everyone is excited about some of their young pitching and this would seem to block one of them. Maybe they aren't as high on them as they once were.

getting a veteran arm doesnt mean that they're any less excited for their young arms... it just means they dont have to push them all into the limelight all at once.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Between innings limits, unknown production and injuries you just can't rely on young pitching, it is pretty important to have 2 or 3 well known commodities in the rotation. Then you can supplement those with 2 or 3 young guys.

I don't think the Royals think they can contend so they're paying $12 million for one year to bridge the gap for their young pitchers without giving up much of anything in terms of assets. I don't think it's that bad.

Santana, Montgomery (assuming any kind of rebound), and Odorizzi isn't a bad front 3... and there's help behind those guys. KC needs some good fortune on the pitching front from their prospects, as do most organizations.

With any kind of pitching KC is team to be excited about, they have a really nice young core and will add another position player in Wil Myers who looks to be a stud and was BA's Minor League Player of the Year for 2012.

I view the Royals kind of like the 2006 Brewers without Sheets... any kind of pitching and a bit more seasoning for some of their young position players and look out.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived