Brewer Fanatic

No Gold Glove for Braun

Bombers
Its a shame that the Brewer's haven't won a gold glove since '82.

Jenkins definately should have won at least one.

Considering how rare it is for 8 or so CF's to not be the 8 best defensive OF's in the league... It's no shocker Jenkins never won. Especially if you add in that Andruw Jones won 10, Edmonds won 6, 4 for Larry walker and 3 for Finley and Beltran. Those 5 guys make up 26 of the 33 gold gloves over Jenkins' career.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Gonzalez had an atrocious year in the field. Where is the supporting #s to justify his winning it?

Also, Braun got hosed out of the Hank Aaron Award when it was CLEAR he was the best offensive player in the NL.

And now per Tom Haudricourt, several BBWAA voters, the same sheep who had no problem voting for Barry Bonds and his pumpkin head when it came to MVP, are now going to feign moral indignation in excluding Ryan Braun from their ballots even though he WON his appeal.

I'm wondering if this is a one year thing for some of these writers or if they will never vote for Braun going forward. If he continues to pass tests and put up numbers, I'm not sure how they could justify that. If that's the case then they are saying that Braun is still somehow cheating the system. If that's true then it would appear there are flaws in the system and it would be highly improbable that Braun is the only player taking advantage of those flaws. He just happens to be one of the few that got caught (well, that we know of...and, as has been pointed out many times on this site, if things worked like they should have, we should not have even known about his failed test).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived