Brewer Fanatic

New Astros Logo

All this leads me back to what we think of the current Brewers logo. Not talking of anything other than the hat logo, not the uniforms or secondary logos, just the hat logo. The M with the barley...is this our identity for the next 10-20 years? Do we eventually see a full time return to the MB glove?

My opinion...if we haven't returned to the ball and glove full time by now we never will. I just don't have a burning passion for the M with the barley. It's fine enough but aesthetically, I like the ball and glove and the original Brewers/Braves block M better than the M with barley.

I think that this poses an interesting question, and one that my brother and I have been debating recently. The current "M with the barley" logo is already one of the longer serving logos in team history:

The Beer Barrel Man: 1970-1977= 8 seasons

The Ball and Glove: 1978-1993= 16 seasons

The Industrial MB: 1994-1999= 6 seasons

Current Barley M: 2000-2012= 13 seasons and counting

Perhaps it dates me, but it is very hard to believe that we are close to a decade and a half with this logo and that it is already the second longest serving logo in team history. To me, it represents the opening of Miller Park and the Brewers return to respectability/playoff baseball after many a long season in the previous Industrial MB logo. To answer your question, I do think that it is almost time for another logo but not one that we've used in the past. I enjoy it when we do the occasional turn back the clock game, or even some Retro Fridays thrown in (I really liked the 40 year celebration a few years ago when we wore all of the old jerseys one day throughout the season) but perhaps we can come up with our next look without having to recycle something that was previously used.

All of these logos and uniforms represent great memories to me of different times in Brewers history but I think something totally new can build on this tradition without having to go backwards. I would like to recycle one tradition though for when the franchise does decide to make the switch: open up the design contest to the fans.

I'm honesty surprised ny the orange/blue love.

To each his own I guess. It's the worst commonly-used combo to me.

Blasphemy!

The greatest NFL team ever wears orange and blue!!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

the brewers haven't made a significant logo change since 2000, the same year the astros last did. While I don't mind the brewers logo, there isn't anything special about it. The ball and glove logo was very special, in 94 the brewers really didn't need to change to that stupid logo, simply just update the color scheme. the teams that have gone "retro" have done a good job and I think the brewers could do the same.

I think that this poses an interesting question, and one that my brother and I have been debating recently. The current "M with the barley" logo is already one of the longer serving logos in team history:

The Beer Barrel Man: 1970-1977= 8 seasons

The Ball and Glove: 1978-1993= 16 seasons

The Industrial MB: 1994-1999= 6 seasons

Current Barley M: 2000-2012= 13 seasons and counting

Perhaps it dates me, but it is very hard to believe that we are close to a decade and a half with this logo and that it is already the second longest serving logo in team history. To me, it represents the opening of Miller Park and the Brewers return to respectability/playoff baseball after many a long season in the previous Industrial MB logo. To answer your question, I do think that it is almost time for another logo but not one that we've used in the past. I enjoy it when we do the occasional turn back the clock game, or even some Retro Fridays thrown in (I really liked the 40 year celebration a few years ago when we wore all of the old jerseys one day throughout the season) but perhaps we can come up with our next look without having to recycle something that was previously used.

All of these logos and uniforms represent great memories to me of different times in Brewers history but I think something totally new can build on this tradition without having to go backwards. I would like to recycle one tradition though for when the franchise does decide to make the switch: open up the design contest to the fans.

I'm with you on everything except something new. While I don't have love or hate for the M and barley logo, if we aren't switching to the ball and glove or the original block M, I am all for staying with the M and barley. My feeling on the current logo is it just feels too corporate and tied to Miller so I would be comfortable with a return to the past or no change at all.

I am still dying for the Brewers to introduce the late 1980s away gray throwback. I would buy one of those so fast.

I like the German logo. The current logo is just too corporate and bland for me. It looks like a committee design. I wouldn't mind doing something new.

It does suggest, however, that this blockbuster product will either become a collector's item very soon, or will be discounted very soon: http://www.fathead.com/mlb/houston-astros/jose-altuve-wall-graphic/

That isn't a very realistic wall cling. 5'10'' high? That's not life sized, that's bigger than life sized.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I like the German logo. The current logo is just too corporate and bland for me. It looks like a committee design. I wouldn't mind doing something new.

It does suggest, however, that this blockbuster product will either become a collector's item very soon, or will be discounted very soon: http://www.fathead.com/mlb/houston-astros/jose-altuve-wall-graphic/

That isn't a very realistic wall cling. 5'10'' high? That's not life sized, that's bigger than life sized.

Well the bat is probably half of that 5'10".

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I KNOW, RIGHT?! That was bugging me a bit.

But now that this thread has morphed around and people are touching on the Brewers' current logo and its corporate look, I want to get some Brewerfan opinion. My employer, the Wisconsin Historical Society, changed logos a few years ago, and when the new logo was unveiled, people at work kept telling me it reminded them of the Brewers' logo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB9I1xAbDhErTmEpBCTk5zFL_PETzHq-0PVTFxsQorGU6xmn2G-w

Does this make you think of the Brewers' logo? It doesn't for me at all, although I do get an athletic vibe from it. The agency that did our logo also did the most recent signage/branding for Camp Randall Stadium.

Thanks for tolerating my mini-hijack.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hawing, I think that those who say it reminds them of the Brewers logo are more influenced by colors rather than color with form. It doesn't remind me of the Brewers logo, FWIW.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread about the new Astros logo - which I consider pretty meh.

Let's just forget the blue/green Yankees logo years. Please.

I wore the crap out of a "Motre Bame" hat in the mid-90s. The team may have sucked and it was a pretty stupid logo, but for that reason alone I have a relative affinity for that logo. [bLASPHEMY ALERT]: I never was a fan of the ball-in-glove growing up.

Hawing, I could definitely see it. Upward angled font, bottom of the logo crossed by something, and the loop on the top left of both main letters.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_DAcbEb7XNOeuZhfsQsnvZAVDZlUDudogdyHZevwZ1dY38DzbDAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB9I1xAbDhErTmEpBCTk5zFL_PETzHq-0PVTFxsQorGU6xmn2G-w

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I wore the crap out of a "Motre Bame" hat in the mid-90s. The team may have sucked and it was a pretty stupid logo, but for that reason alone I have a relative affinity for that logo. [bLASPHEMY ALERT]: I never was a fan of the ball-in-glove growing up.

http://i.imgur.com/gdSWQ.gif

Archived