Brewer Fanatic

New Astros Logo

Boring.

But there's still a great shot at redemption if the uniforms are done well. The Blue Jays really did it right. With the Astros, though, I can't help but have my doubts. I'd love to be proven wrong.

I saw the uniforms on another website that leaked everything. I'm not sure that I like the uniforms. They look very 60s with a modern twist, such as it is. I'll try to find the link.

argh. can't find it anymore. It was posted in the shoutbox on another website and it has scrolled past it now to the point that it is unrecoverable.

The letters were like a golden yellow all caps ASTROS, I remember that much. And the uniforms came in a white, grey, blue, and orange varieties.

It was actually one of those uniform template pages that also show the style and color of the letters and numbers on the back of the uniforms. Drat, I wish I could still find that!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I like it. I think stylistically it meshes well with the Rangers logo, in time for their newly enhanced intra-Texas rivalry.

The Rangers logo was the first thing it made me think of as well. And I agree with jerichoholic that I like the simplicity of the logo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Community Moderator

I like their current logo. It seems like a mistake, doesn't blend with the ballpark at all. The Astrodome had orange seats. Also, the current "star" is much more interesting than the new generic orange star.

Orange and blue do not go together.

On the plus side, maybe everyone just associates the current logo with losing, so it was probably best to move on. Sort of like the 1990s Milwaukee Brewers--that logo is bad, but it is made worse because there are no good memories associated with it.

Nerdy response: they're actually opposites on the color wheel, which is supposed to mean a perfect pairing of colors. Link.

Lots of movie posters in recent years have gone with some variation of a blue/orange color scheme... almost to the point of epidemic.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/20513034/astros-new-logo-uniforms-accidentally-revealed

Here's a partial look at the uniforms. Apparently they screwed up the shadowed photo on their website. I think they are boring. Like their old uniforms better.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I've always been of the opinion that I don't care much for orange and especially don't care for it w/ blues, greens, or purples. When my kids were younger, some stores (Gymboree especially) had clothes w/ orange paired with reds, greens, pinks, & browns -- often ALL of those together, esp. in stripes -- and I about threw up every time I'd go in there -- well-made clothes but nauseating color schemes at the time (for my tastes, anyway).

The red in their current (about to be former) uniforms wasn't awful, but the logic behind it was: it was incorporated because it tied into the brick color of then-Enron Field. As if that nonsense was actually good thinking, the Brewers for a while (maybe still do?) called "brick" one of their official colors for the same reasoning even though the only place it's ever been part of the color/branding is in the laces of the ball in the circular logo that has "Brewers" or "Milwaukee" overlaying across it.

I didn't care for the rainbow unis of the Astros, but the modified/muted ones of the late '80s/early '90s I thought were pretty good (and weren't those pretty much the continuance of the road version of the late '70s/early-mid '80s rainbow ones?). The blue was a navy, which actually worked nicely, esp. as the sole cap color with the orange star/white H logo on it. . . . Having not seen the leaks unis/branding yet other than the logo, I'm wondering if we're headed toward some version of those uniforms...

Nerdy response: they're actually opposites on the color wheel, which is supposed to mean a perfect pairing of colors. Link.

I don't see khaki on that wheel. Then again, those of us in the Business Casual world know everything goes with khaki!

I kind of like the brick red the 'Stros have been using, and the name/number font. I'd never thought of "flouston" on the script until it was mentioned above.

What I've seen so far of the upcoming Stro logo doesn't thrill me, but then again I'm not following their franchise very closely, and will even less once they are in the AL.

It does suggest, however, that this blockbuster product will either become a collector's item very soon, or will be discounted very soon: http://www.fathead.com/mlb/houston-astros/jose-altuve-wall-graphic/

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

All this leads me back to what we think of the current Brewers logo. Not talking of anything other than the hat logo, not the uniforms or secondary logos, just the hat logo. The M with the barley...is this our identity for the next 10-20 years? Do we eventually see a full time return to the MB glove?

My opinion...if we haven't returned to the ball and glove full time by now we never will. I just don't have a burning passion for the M with the barley. It's fine enough but aesthetically, I like the ball and glove and the original Brewers/Braves block M better than the M with barley.

Do we eventually see a full time return to the MB glove?

I really hope not. This franchise lives in the past enough.

It's not living in the past. It's wanting to go back to one of the greatest logos in the history of sports.

Do we eventually see a full time return to the MB glove?

I really hope not. This franchise lives in the past enough.

Really? I liked that logo more so than any other of the Brewers logos it was rather good and creative. I like because it was a good logo not because of the past.

Lots of movie posters in recent years have gone with some variation of a blue/orange color scheme... almost to the point of epidemic.

Here are a bunch of examples of blue/orange movie posters:

http://www.slashfilm.com/orangeblue-contrast-in-movie-posters/

Not sure why people think that's a bad combo. It's great if it's done properly (correct shades, design, etc.).

Archived