Brewer Fanatic

2013 Season to feature 10 Bobblehead Giveaways

BradWI
Ill be interested to see if there are variants ....they may just pull a 2010 and not do any....

THAT would be GREAT!

I don't want anymore variants or retros. They are pointless. The retro schtick has been done too much imo.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with whoever said 10 is overkill.

With that said, a few I would like to see:

Juan Nieves - still the only no-hitter

Vuckovich - Cy Young

Teddy Higuera maybe?

Rob Deer and/or Dale Sveum - Easter Sunday Heroics

Aoki

Braun with the HR Champ Crown

Roenicke

A fan voting would be nice instead of another Yount, Braun, or Aaron.

Have a choice of 80's and 90's fan favorites: like Deer, Higuera, Vaughn, Burnett, etc.

I'd love to see a George Scott bobble, but I would have to think that somewhere between 75-80% of Brewers fans have no idea who he is.

i believe they are releasing the silhouettes in the morning and the bobblehead player in the afternoon

silhouettes were all released last week, so that would be odd...

;)

6 was too many, 10 is just getting borderline ridiculous. I've collected all of them from the start, but this might signal the end for me. I have no more room to display them, the quality of them has gotten worse and worse and they're just repeating guys. It's great to honor old guys, and that's fine, but cut it back to 2-3, make them higher quality and of players that people actually want.

Not only that, but doing it on a day other than Sunday would be nice. We have the 20 game fans choice package and if I want all these, that's half the games right there...all on Sundays. I think more than a few last year didn't even sell out because people have grown tired of them. Why don't the Brewers realize this?

Agreed.

Same thing is going to happen as baseball cards. It became too many to collect, so people just stopped collecting...

10 in a season is ridiculous. It is absolute overkill, especially if any of them have an alternate/retro version. I am truly hoping they don't go this route, but I fear they will.

At some point, collectors are going to have to decide if this is worth it any longer, and I bet a lot of them decide this amount of bobbles has crossed the line. My guess is that there will be people that just plain stop this year.

Like someone said, add the minor league bobbles, the stitch-n-pitch, beer vendor, retros/alternates of the 10, etc and you can easliy be into close to 30 new bobbles this season. If that pace continues, people just won't have the space. Last year was close to 30 with minors etc, so this is a pretty realistic scenario.

3 or 4 a year would be great. Stop repeating players, stop the stupid multiple sausage series...

Oh well, it is what it is.

I'm still waiting to see what madness the Timber Rattlers come up with this year for opening day. Last year was over the line with 5 different ones, and one of them being nearly impossible to get. My bet is that they do the same thing this year, with the rare version.

Do the Brewers pay anything for the bobbles they hand out? They are all sponsored by someone (I'm just not sure if it's a full sponsorship or not). If so, and sponsors are continually willing to pay for bobbles, then the Brewers will offer as many as the sponsors will pay for. It helps the Brewers draw more fans (though this also follows the law of diminishing marginal returns - as more and more bobbleheads are offered, the incremental attendance boost is less and less - but attendance will still be higher on that 10th bobblehead game than if no bobblehead were offered at all).

They could potentially turn the sponsorship money into a bigger attendance boost by coming up with more creative giveaways. But until they do that, I guess it can't hurt to keep giving out bobbles. And given that it costs little extra production-wise, I'm expecting alternates to keep coming as well, since they may create added excitement for some fans for the bobblehead games and may increase attendance further. Personally, I don't care at all whether the alternate versions, repeat players, etc. are offered. If I don't want it, I don't collect it. I don't care whether or not my set is complete, since I don't really see the point in collecting multiples of the same bobble just because the Brewers handed them out. But in any case, the only fault I find with the Brewers' many bobble giveaways is that they could potentially make more off of some more creative giveaways (which is easier said than done unfortunately)

I will say though that I am excited to find out what is being given out this year.

If it is George Scott, that is a most excellent choice! Kudos to whoever makes that decision.

Would love to see a Juan Nieves No Hitter bobble...

Archived