Brewer Fanatic

2013 Season to feature 10 Bobblehead Giveaways

BradWI

Details: http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2012/10/25/the-year-of-the-bobble-brewers-schedule-to-feature-ten-bobbleheads-in-2013/

"In 2013, we have slated not one, not six, but 10 All-Fan Giveaway dates on Sundays throughout the season where every fan in attendance will receive a bobblehead featuring different Brewers personnel. The bobbles could feature current players, alumni, mascots, etc.—and we’ll be revealing them here and across all of our social media platforms each weekday beginning next Monday, October 29 through Friday, November 9."

Edited by hawing to include the bobble announcements and giveaway dates as they arrive:

#1 (April 7) - Norichika Aoki

#2 (April 21) - George Scott

#3 (May 5) - Corey Hart

#4 (May 26) - Ryan Braun

#5 (June 9 ) - Carlos Gomez

#6 (June 23) - Polish Sausage

#7 (July 7) - Hank Aaron

#8 (August 4) - Harvey Kuenn

#9 (September 1) - Gorman Thomas

#10 (September 15) - Ben Oglivie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like collecting them but the brewers really need to move past the bobbleheads and come out with other ideas for SGAs. It seems like thats all they give away now is bobbleheads. i miss the days of getting brewer umbrellas, bats, hats, gloves, etc. I understand that there are security risks with some of these items but surely someone in the marketing department should be able to come out with something better. there are going to be tons of repeats especially if they are doing 10 this season.

I have to agree--some variety would be nice. These used to be fun to collect but in my mind it's complete overkill now. Surely there will be limited edition versions as well. Not faulting those that want to keep going with the complete collection at all. In fact, I feel bad for them!

Perhaps a suggestion of a bobble featuring Fonzie jumping over a shark would send the proper message to the marketing folks?

Since moving, I've packed up all my bobbleheads and I won't really have no intention of displaying them at this place. I could very well be done. If they all come with alternates, that's 19 we need to get (Whatever sausage they have this year won't have one, I really hope the Attanasio comes out too). Don't forget the Stich N Pitch, and now Bernies birthday. That's 21. Another 10 or so could come out of the minor leagues affilliates. I'd really hate to be the guys that collect all the woodchucks and chinooks bobbles on top of that.

So roughly 30 next year. I started collecting them in 2003, and I was excited when they gave out more than 3 a year, and didn't even mind the 2007 minis too much, but now, I'm way over it. I'm sure I'll go after some of them, but I'm not gonna be chasing down the n-teenth Robin Yount bobble. ALL SET.

That said, here are my 10 guesses for next year.

Ryan Braun

Nori Aoki

Carlos Gomez

Whatever pitcher we sign in the offseason

Jean Segura

Robin Yount

Hank Aaron

Paul Molitor

Sausage

Mark Attanasio

this kind of proves the point, the brewers have had 2 braun giveaways already, 3 yount ones, atleast 1 aaron, and 2 molitors. In addition the brewers have been through all 5 sausages and have recycled 2 of them already.

If the brewers honor the 90's brewers, that would be cool though (i'd love to see a Vaughn, Cirillo, Loretta, or Burnitz bobblehead. This era has yet to have a single bobblehead since it just missed the bobblehead phase while they were players. I think a Nori one would be cool too.

If RR gets one, I'll throw up. If they do him, I'd like to see them do a series of every manager the Brewers have ever had. That would be kind of cool.

10 is TOOOOOOOO many. This is the kind of thing that will make people stop collecting them, just too many to keep up with, then there is the issue of displaying and storage.

I happen to think 6 is too many, now they are upping it?

It will be exciting as they announce them though...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

also it seems to be way to early to announce them. #1 said brewer could be traded in the winter meetings, #2 there is no opportunity to cash in on any big offseason trade or acquisition. #3 would probably get more focus / attention in February when they usually announce it and the hot stove is burning. People are more focused on football and the world series than bobbleheads.

#1 sure looks like Aoki.

#2 could be George Scott or Hank Aaron. You can tell he is wearing a batting helmet due to the roundness of his hat, then you can see his ear, so it looks like the old style batting helmet with no ear flaps. Since you can see what looks like a big sideburn on the left side of his face, I'm going to go with George Scott. If they do a George Scott, I am going to be one happy camper!!!!!!

#3 is Hart.

Also, #5 has to be Gomez. Just looks like him.

#6 is another polish sausage.

#8 could be our manager... Big ol' ears. BOOOOOO!

#9 could be Gorman with the long hair.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My guesses based off the silhouettes

Aoki

Scott (sideburns)

Hart

Braun

Gomez

Sausage

Molitor

Roenicke (have no real clue on this one)

Gorman (beard, maybe Vuke?, who else had hair like that?)

Oglivie (another big guess, but he looks tall and slender like Benji was)

My guesses based off the silhouettes

Aoki

Scott (sideburns)

Hart

Braun

Gomez

Sausage

Molitor

Roenicke (have no real clue on this one)

Gorman (beard, maybe Vuke?, who else had hair like that?)

Oglivie (another big guess, but the head looks tall and slender like Benji was)

Archived