Brewer Fanatic

pirates farm system....

torts

the Navy SEALS thing back in september was INSANE... like... I cant even describe the insanity that the pirates front office has...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pirates---hells-angels-----navy-seals--minor-league-training-methods-become-mlb-joke--.html

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I can sort of understand the rationale behind it (i.e. "team-building" etc.) but this seems to have extremely poor planning used to implement it.

Coaches jumping over players? In the near dark? As the players are sliding into them??? 40- and 50- year old men???? Jumping over guys????

The article sure explains a lot about the Pirates . . . .

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

they had one of their top prospects re-injure his ankle jumping a pool of water into sand! living here though, the fanbase just doesnt care. "oh cool, they're gunna still suck? whens steeler season start?"

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I can sort of understand the rationale behind it (i.e. "team-building" etc.) but this seems to have extremely poor planning used to implement it.

Coaches jumping over players? In the near dark? As the players are sliding into them??? 40- and 50- year old men???? Jumping over guys????

The article sure explains a lot about the Pirates . . . .

Yeah, the rationale of having Seals come in and train in a team bonding exercise for the younger players trying to develop a certain mentality....GREAT idea.

Then they took that great idea and said, "gee, what are the dumbest possible ways to go about this so that our own prospects are in fear of ruining their careers with this half-assed idea?" GOT IT...run across a frozen above ground pool, jump into sand, and have aggressive take out slides in the dark...oh, and make sure you include one of our best prospects regardless if he's injured.

I could see the Seals coming in and taking 1/100th of the training they do and try and instill some mental toughness and the whole team building, winning attitude thing so they can change the culture, but this is so far beyond stupid...

Are we POSITIVE Wendy Selig-Prieb hasn't taken over the Pirates? I really think it's possible.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Are we POSITIVE Wendy Selig-Prieb hasn't taken over the Pirates? I really think it's possible.

I don't know. This seems like a seriously misguided effort on the Pirates' part, but at least it is an effort. My interpretation of WSP's tenure is that not a lot of effort was expended.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think he meant get rid of getting rid of underachieving personnel rather than adding a ridiculous obstacle course to have injured prospects take part in...Maybe the next time Braun has a groin injury, we should make him take part in the Brewers' version of Super Sloppy Double Dare...

Read about shady dealings the Pirates do with the baseball power brokers in the Dominican

What you really meant to say was just like about every team who works the area hard does? I've linked many BA articles on the draft forum about corruption in Latin America, the Pirates are hardly alone in having to play that game.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived