Brewer Fanatic

2012 World Series thread

hawing

Black/Orange from the NL, Navy/Orange from the AL.

Ex-Brewers: Guillermo Mota vs. Prince Fielder.

(Decide for yourself whether to include Marco Scutaro, since he was in the Brewers' organization but not on the MLB roster)

Most importantly for some if not many of us, no Cardinals.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

GO Prince and the Tigers!

Gotta root for the big guy, even though a small part of me doesn't like the fact that the year he left he is in the world series...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator

Was watching the Tigers game last week--Prince Fielder was up to bat. I say to my wife--hey, look who's up to bat, do you remember him? She looks shocked and says--hey, that's not right, Prince Fielder is on the Brewers! When did they trade him?

Facepalm.

You should have played along and said they traded him in January and then made up some random names of fake players.

Taint McFadden. Should have been the last piece of the Brewers' puzzle but then there was that unfortunate freak accident.

She came along to that Marlins game in September and didn't notice that he was missing. It wasn't really big news when he left so I guess I never bothered to even mention it.

*Insert obvious fat joke followed by the monstrosity in the outfield distracting her.*

Loving this. Detroit is one of my least favorite teams and I love seeing an 'ace' lose in a big game situation since it shuts the mouths of all those people who think that an 'ace' means a perfect pitcher which just doesn't exist. Same way I like to see crappy QBs win super bowls.

Loving this. Detroit is one of my least favorite teams and I love seeing an 'ace' lose in a big game situation since it shuts the mouths of all those people who think that an 'ace' means a perfect pitcher which just doesn't exist. Same way I like to see crappy QBs win super bowls.

Would you love to see our ace lose in a big game suituation?

So if, say, Aaron Rodgers played in the super bowl vs a crappy QB, you'd be rooting for the crappy QB because he was crappy?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I would cheer on the team I actually like if there was a team I liked in the playoffs. Given that two bad choices made it I have to find something to cheer for. I would understand if our ace lost in a big game though because no matter how good a pitcher is they still have bad games, some people just don't seem to understand that.

Yeah I could help but chuckle the other day when they said not only can Fielder hit but he is a good defensive 1B and is athletic so he is a good base runner. He is a passable defensive player but he is a pretty awful base runner.

I was slightly worried about Posey when I saw Prince round 3rd. Nice tag.

Seems like human nature would have dictated that Posey was worried about Posey as he saw Prince round 3B.

And man. I know it's the World Series, but were I Doug Fister, I think I'd have really wanted to get my head checked after that scary looking play. That kind of injury can be trouble later.

Archived