Brewer Fanatic

Anyone else know about this? (4-DVD set of legendary Brewers games)

TURBO
well, this turns into an insta-buy for me now, I think. Thanks for the heads-up! Any other info? Do the other game disks have this radio-TV stuff with it as well? How's the quality of video?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I got my e-mail notification that Amazon has mailed it, so will be here in a few days. My God, I'm so excited. I can't wait to watch all four of these games. But the 1982 games are the ones that have me squirming like a kid that's had too much Jolt cola. I can't wait to see Robin, Molly, Coop, Stormin' Gorman, Benji and the gang on my TV again.

And the extras are the icing on the cake. I might just watch all 4 DVDs back to back.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Just got it through Amazon. I bought two copies of it. Well, I shouldn't say bought. You can sign up for an Amazon credit card and get a $30 credit instantly to your account. I got two copies (free shipping!!!) and still have $4 in my account.

I watched some of the extras. Good quality. Nice production.... One of the best features is the ability to switch from TV to Radio broadcast during the games. I love Uecker's call when Braun hits the bomb against the Cubs in 2008.

Easily his best call IMO.

That was my ringtone for like a year after it happened. haha

I ordered this about a month ago for my brother-in-law, so I'm glad to hear first-hand accounts that it has radio calls. I'll be looking forward to borrowing it about 15 hours after I give it to him, because he'll have watched it all by then.

I love Uecker's call when Braun hits the bomb against the Cubs in 2008.

It's STILL my ringtone. Can't get enough of it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I love Uecker's call when Braun hits the bomb against the Cubs in 2008.

It's STILL my ringtone. Can't get enough of it.

I had to change I before my wife strangled me. I use about 7,000 minutes a month so she heard it a lot.

:laughing

Just got mine in the mail today. Watching game 5 of the '82 ALCS now.

I will report back once I have watched the entire thing, which won't take long! :laughing

God, what a stroll down memory lane.

Love Keith Jackson saying how Ben Oglivie had been quiet in the series after hitting 34 home runs in the regular season. Then whamo, Benji golfs it to the right field seats! Also, wow, what a gun Charlie Moore had in right field.

Gleefully waiting for Coop's two run single. :)

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Ten minutes of the '82 Brewers clinching the AL East, with Howard Cosell and Keith Jackson doing the color and play by play....wow. That brings back some memories. I'd have loved to see the whole game, as Robin went off with two home runs and a triple.

Another highlight thus far, the eighth inning of game 5 of the ALCS....Harvey Kuenn lifting Gorman Thomas for Marshall Edwards proved before the seventh proved to be huge, as Don Baylor hit a drive to left center field that would have easily been extra bases if Edwards had not raced over and made a leaping catch into the wall. Doug DeCinces singled the very next at bat, so it might have been a tie game. .

Yount's catch to end the game, saves Juan Nieves' no-hitter. Goosebumps every time I see it. Two outs in the ninth, he faced Cal Ripken Jr (walked), and then Robin layed out to catch Eddie Murray's drive.

I am loving this collection. :)

Anybody else getting a black band on the top of the screen during the playoff game against the Cubs?

a copy arrived yesterday in italy! there are some footage i have never seen, like burnitz and saxson three homer game, or the postgame interview to nieves (didn't realize he was so young).

the quality of the video is not HD, though i watched it with the ps3 and didn't have te time to set the proper features (don't know if there will be differences reguarding PAL and NTSC colors).

• 3 weeks later...
Turned the 2011 NLDS game and the 1982 ALCS game when family was over and people seemed to enjoy it. Still have not had time to watch all four discs but will be nice to be able to watch until baseball starts in a few months. Still around $14 on amazon if you happened to get a gift card as a present.

• 3 months later...

Archived