Brewer Fanatic

Jesus Sanchez to 40-man; Hernandez & Torrealba officially gone

Roderick

it should also be noted that earlier, cody scarpetta and eric farris were outrighted off the 40-man roster. at that time, it put the roster at 38.

with the addition of sanchez, and the subtraction of hernandez and torrealba, it's 37. expect that number to go down as veterans file for free agency after the conclusion of the world series, but then bumped up by two as mat gamel and chris narveson are added back to the 40-man.

Livan Hernandez: 36.1 IP, 7.68 ERA, 1.43 WHIP

Bring back Soup!!

Give Livan credit, he probably went out there with the worst stuff I've seen since Larry Bearnarth (RIP) made 2 appearances (10 hits, 6 runs, 3 IP) in 1971 with stuff that would embarrass most high school pitchers.

Bring back Soup!!

Give Livan credit, he probably went out there with the worst stuff I've seen since Larry Bearnarth (RIP) made 2 appearances (10 hits, 6 runs, 3 IP) in 1971 with stuff that would embarrass most high school pitchers.

I got almost giddy when he came into the game. It's hilarious watching a guy throw up the 14 different types of pitches he throws with 4 different curves, changes...everything BUT a fastball, and he's not terrible. He got lit up at times, but he's a guy who knows how to pitch. I don't know, most people probably didn't enjoy watching him because we where likely losing and by a lot, but there was something about that big old fat pitcher throwing the kitchen sink up there and still playing the game because he loves it that I liked.

And I'd actually had a dislike for him going into the season.

Don't mistake any of this with me wanting to bring him back however. If you're going into a season with him as a pitcher to count on, you're in trouble.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Bring back Soup!!

Wow. Didn't realize it was THAT bad....

I thought just off the top of my head it was in the 5's. Anyway, I still think he was fun to watch....though he'd be more fun to face....

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

His job was to go out and take his lumps, and he took them better and more often than anyone could have hoped!

Seriously, as bad as he was, it is difficult to protect your personal stats from that role in the pen. No matter how bad you are throwing that day, and he threw bad lots of days, the manager is still going to leave you in there.

I'm with Hi and Tight, he was kinda fun to watch....

I generally dislike the "long man" role. I'd much rather have a few guys in the 'pen who can go multiple innings instead of one guy who only pitches when the starter gets hurt or gives up a lot of runs early. That said, if you choose to go with the "long man," I'd rather it be someone like Hernandez than someone with talent who is being wasted in the role. For instance, I don't want Rogers to be slated to the "long man" role next year.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived