Brewer Fanatic

2012 League Championship Series thread

hawing
Wonder what the fans were doing at the time. You'd think they would let them leave until the rain clears up. I wouldnt want to be sitting in stadium concourse for 3 1/2 hours.

Heck no, they don't let them leave. They make thousands of dollars on beers and hot dogs during that 3.5 hours.

Same thing happened to us in Boston, 2008. They waited 2 hours to cancel the game to make money on concessions, even though at 6, an hour before game time, it was clear the game wasn't going to be played.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somebody once named the 2 greatest days of the sports year: when Duke is knocked out of the NCAAs and when the Yankees are knocked out of the playoffs.

That person was spot-on.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

The Cardinals are 5 wins away from back to back world championships.

Perhaps we are being haunted by the ghost of Quantrill?

Quiet, you. Let's not further legitimize that dude.

May I hope out loud that Barry Zito isn't in a contract year? I don't want the Brewers to sign another dud based on a good NLCS appearance.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Tonight's Zito performance was very Randy Wolf-esque from last year.

Similar in so many ways and circumstances. Kinda eerie.

Hope the Giants change the outcome.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Somebody once named the 2 greatest days of the sports year: when Duke is knocked out of the NCAAs and when the Yankees are knocked out of the playoffs.

I couldn't agree more, but the Cards are swiftly overtaking the Yankees. I would put the Cowboys in there too, but they have sucked lately and have fallen off my radar a bit.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

3 teams I LOVE to see lose:

#1 Cardinals, my hatred for them grows each year.

#2 Cowboys, I have always hated them, and I can't stand to even look at Jerry Jones's face.

#3 Patriots, Just hate teams that have extended success. Can't stand their coach either.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It was really nice to see Chris Carpenter get knocked around last night and to see him nice and quiet (not cursing at other players on the mound and excusing it for "yelling at himself") with that stupid look on his face. On the other hand, it is really hard to watch Giants fans celebrate. The Cards aren't dead yet... Get more runs!!!

Also: Now would be a good time for Tim McCarver to come down with a simple case of Laryngitis.

Also: Now Anytime would be a good time for Tim McCarver to come down with a simple case of Laryngitis.

Fixed that for you.

;) Thanks Hawing, I wasn't sure if I was pushing the forum etiquette by wishing illness on someone, but I figured, "come on, it's McCarver!"

Wishing for him to permanently lose his voice would be out of line, but that's not what you wished for.

You know that scene from A Christmas Story where Ralphie has had it with the bully Scut Farkus and beats the tar out of him? That could (figuratively) be me and the Cardinals some day.

(Sorry in advance if the lead advertisement turns out to be political, as it was for me a moment ago)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So, if Ralphie is the Brewers (and their fans), and the bully is the Cardinals, then I assume all of the kids at the fence are the rest of the NL, and the bully's friend is TLR. Who is the lady who finally pulls Ralphie off of the bully? The Commish?... Hmmm.. I feel better.

Also: Is Marco Scutaro the magic weapon the Brewers need next year?

Archived