Brewer Fanatic

Go Tigers!

joepepsi

Agreed.

I like crusty Jim Leyland and Verlander & Prince & Cabrera.

Though I wouldn't be too bothered if this group of Yankees won it all. They are compromised enough by age that they aren't the juggernaut they used to be.

I like the Giants team but hate San Francisco, and I am very sick of the Cardinals and their sea of red.

They're all that's left for decent people to cheer for. Are they any more annoying fans or organizations than those of the Giants, Cardinals, and Yankees?

The Tigers are 3 future Hall of Famers and a load of crap as complement. Not much to root for to me. I want every team left in the running to LOSE.... Since that won't happen I plan on ignoring all the remaining baseball and all future reference to the 2012 season......

The moderator in me felt like I should start a LCS IGT, so there's one posted now. But I'm pretty much in RFCoder's camp. If the WS somehow turns out to be SF/DET, I could watch that...maybe with the TV muted. Otherwise, it's the off-season.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

They're all that's left for decent people to cheer for. Are they any more annoying fans or organizations than those of the Giants, Cardinals, and Yankees?

The Tigers are 3 future Hall of Famers and a load of crap as complement. Not much to root for to me. I want every team left in the running to LOSE.... Since that won't happen I plan on ignoring all the remaining baseball and all future reference to the 2012 season......

Wow. Enjoy the NBA dude. It's so much fun.

No kidding. Really? You're not going to watch the playoffs because you don't like the teams? I too was hoping Baltimore, Oakland, or Washington would advance, but I still love baseball and I'll be watching no matter who is playing. Your loss I guess. You missed a heck of a game on Saturday night! There have been some really fun games to watch this post season.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

No kidding. Really? You're not going to watch the playoffs because you don't like the teams? I too was hoping Baltimore, Oakland, or Washington would advance, but I still love baseball and I'll be watching no matter who is playing. Your loss I guess. You missed a heck of a game on Saturday night! There have been some really fun games to watch this post season.

I love baseball too, but watching games between teams that I dislike isn't all that fun for me. I'll watch the boxscores and hope the Yankees and Cardinals lose, but that's about the extent of my interest at this point.

Meh, the NFL is here, and by the time the playoffs are here, i expect the NHL lockout to end(I highly doubt it lasts to the winter classic). That will take me to March Madness, and then obviously Spring Training. No reason ever to watch the NBA.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Dude medicate or something.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The MLB playoffs are well down my list on must see tv as well. They fall behind the NFL, College Football, TVG, Golf Channel, Nascar, reruns of 2 1/2 Men, and Presidential Debates. They are about on par with Bill O'Reilly and only slightly ahead of the Weather Channel.

Old man Illitch in Detroit spent his heir's money to win a championship. Good for him and Detroit, but bad for the game. It's hard for me to root for his team. If I had to pick a team it'd be the Giants. They have by far the most enjoyable tv broadcast team in all of baseball in Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper, so on that basis, I'll go Giants.

I have no problem rooting for the Tigers or Giants and to some extent the Yankees. Tigers have an exciting team with arguably the best hitter and best pitcher in baseball, as well as Prince. Can't stand Valverde but whatever. I'd like to see Prince get a World Series. The Giants play a forgotten form of baseball. Pitching and defense with timely hitting. It's fun to watch them. As much as I love Braun, Posey is the MVP. That HR against Cincinnati clinched that. Even the Yankees have players I enjoy rooting for while not rooting for their team to win. Granderson seems like one of the games true good guys.

My hate for the Cardinals was actually starting to wane with Matheny in for LaRussa but after last night's Holliday slide and hearing Mike Shannon and John Rooney on the radio defend the slide I remember why I despise them so.

Anyone but the Cards!

The Giants play a forgotten form of baseball. Pitching and defense with timely hitting. It's fun to watch them. As much as I love Braun, Posey is the MVP. That HR against Cincinnati clinched that.

The one that happened in the playoffs, over a week after the MVP votes were made?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The Giants play a forgotten form of baseball. Pitching and defense with timely hitting. It's fun to watch them

This hasn't been forgotten, it has been the formula for making the world series for a number of years now. Also I don't know about the timely hitting thing, they were a top 5 hitting team in the NL this year, seems like just good pitching and good hitting like all the other playoff teams.

Archived