Brewer Fanatic

2012 Division Series Thread

hawing
I'm starting to believe this league is rigged like basketball. The cardinals have average talent at best once again and they're no doubt going to win it all... unreal.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to believe this league is rigged like basketball. The cardinals have average talent at best once again and they're no doubt going to win it all... unreal.

Well there certainly are biases by the umpires. Whether intentional or not I don't know. I gave up watching game 5 of the Tigers/As series when the Tigers scored and it was clear any pitch that Verlander didn't bounce over the plate was going to be called a strike so there wasn't much of a chance the As would score. Verlander is an excellent pitcher, but he doesn't need the umpire calling everything within a foot of the strike zone a strike.

I think we can all see exactly where this one is headed...

I had that feeling in the top of the 5th when Johnson basically left a wild and toast Gio Gonzalez give away 2 runs. I stopped watching at that point because I knew the Cards would come back and win. No point in watching the rest of this disaster of a playoff run.....

I'm really tired seeing the same group of teams all the time. It was really nice and fun to see some new teams this year. And then guess what, all we have is the yankees, cardinals, giants and tigers. It would really serve MLB better by contracting to 20 teams, cuz that is all that really has competed for the last 25 years anyways.

Archived