Brewer Fanatic

Moving your collection.

Bikeage77

I just moved into a bigger place, a much bigger place (BCS can vouch my old place was the size of some peoples living rooms).

But I had 10+ years of collecting in one small room. Packing up 200 bobbleheads, 100+ signed baseballs, along with all the other stuff I acquired over that time was a real procedure to move. I'm pretty happy I boxed up 95% of the bobbles (all the ones that had boxes) beforehand. The odds and ends took a lot of time as well.

Just a heads up, especially to those with bigger collections, if you move, start packing it up as soon as you know you're moving. It sucks rushing to get stuff put away and not being able to sort it properly. Most of my things ended up in the right places, but there's a box of stuff that half of it probably could've been in another box.

I promised my wife that our new place she could have the extra bedroom for her office. So everything except a few choice pieces, bobbles, signed balls, and my cards came with to the new place, the rest is in storage at my mom's. I'm not gonna create a "museum" again until I live in the house I own in. WAY too much work.

Archived