Brewer Fanatic

2012-10-02 Padres (Bass) at Brewers (Thornburg), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; Maldonado GS]

I don't know whether to curse the Yankees or the Red Sox, so I'll do what I usually do and curse them both. With the Crew dead my hope against hope scenario is for the O's and A's to both win their divisions to force the Yanks and Rangers into the one-game scenario, but I know it won't happen.

Bob Scanlan doing color for the Pads mentioned that Parra looked like a guy who was just waiting to get beat. Said also that looking at the game logs Parra is either on or he's off - I think part of Parra's problem is that Roenicke always leaves him in too long when he's off (usually b/c he's playing the lefty lefty matchups) and pulls him too soon when he's on (like in a couple extra inning games early on).

That all sounds like complete bologna to me. Of course players look off when the results are bad if you are looking at game logs. They also look great if they log a 1-2-3 inning.

Archived