Brewer Fanatic

2012-2013 Winter Weather thread

Patrick425
Community Moderator

Sorry to report that temperatures should remain chilly for the first 10 days of March. Maybe a few warm days mixed in.

Overall, it again has been a warm winter in Wisconsin, although not nearly as warm as last year. Going forward, the multi-year central/western US drought is going to become a big story this summer.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That being said, it looks like owbc is going to be moving somewhere colder and wetter later this year... ;)

Seattle?

Well, most of the lower 48 is colder than South Florida. The "wetter" does make one tempted to guess the way rwa12 has done. It's owbc's business...though he posted the tease.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

It's not official yet, but that's a good guess. :)

Meanwhile, snow is possible in the Midwest on Monday, but right now it looks like the system will miss Wisconsin to the SW.

Community Moderator
Bad news, the potent clipper system that was originally supposed to miss Wisconsin is now expected to make a direct hit on WI. Early forecast is 4-8" across most of the state, although there will probably be a band of 8-10". Too early to say exactly where the heaviest totals will be, but the snow will be most intense Tuesday morning.

Community Moderator

There's still a chance for this thing to shift a little south, the counties on the edge of the winter storm warning might get less than anticipated.

Overall it still looks like a cold pattern for the first half of March. The average high is 38 in Milwaukee right now, it rises to 48 by the end of the month.

I just hope the storm stays where it is and I am spared of trying to find a place to put another 6+ inches of snow. 4 is plenty for me thank you.

I see that high of 40 at the end of the week and I keep telling myself that this might be the last snowstorm of the year. But of course we all know that probably isn't true. I thought that about the last storm.

Watching the news right now. Was there really "panic" by some in regards to the erroneous tornado warning today?? Are people really thar clueless about the weather?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Watching the news right now. Was there really "panic" by some in regards to the erroneous tornado warning today?? Are people really thar clueless about the weather?

I work at home, and my office is in my basement. My new phone actually pushes out the EBS 'tone' (as I found out yesterday) during emergency alerts, and then puts a message on the screen about the type of weather emergency it is.

I certainly didn't panic, but I was definitely puzzled, and went upstairs and looked outside to see why in the world we were getting a tornado warning.

I work at home, and my office is in my basement. My new phone actually pushes out the EBS 'tone' (as I found out yesterday) during emergency alerts, and then puts a message on the screen about the type of weather emergency it is.

I certainly didn't panic, but I was definitely puzzled, and went upstairs and looked outside to see why in the world we were getting a tornado warning.

Yes, you were puzzled. Exactly. Why? Because you are an informed person who at least pays some attention to weather forecasts and have some reasonable thoughts about the types of conditions in which tornadoes form. You didn't automatically think.."OMG, a tornado!" Some of the "viewer feedback" that they showed on the news last night regarding this story just made me shake my head. People were not questioning it, nor were they "puzzled" by it. They just automatically thought there was a tornado.

When I got it on my phone, I was puzzled by the "icon" that showed up that I had never seen before. When I clicked on it and saw what it was, my first thought was that somehow the integrity of my phone had been compromised.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yes, you were puzzled. Exactly. Why? Because you are an informed person who at least pays some attention to weather forecasts and have some reasonable thoughts about the types of conditions in which tornadoes form. You didn't automatically think.."OMG, a tornado!" Some of the "viewer feedback" that they showed on the news last night regarding this story just made me shake my head. People were not questioning it, nor were they "puzzled" by it. They just automatically thought there was a tornado.

When I got it on my phone, I was puzzled by the "icon" that showed up that I had never seen before. When I clicked on it and saw what it was, my first thought was that somehow the integrity of my phone had been compromised.

I didn't think it was something wrong with the phone, I thought it was either an erroneous reporting of 'tornado' rather than snow, but even then, I knew the heavy snow wasn't supposed to start until this morning, though we did have some snow in southern Wisconsin about that time yesterday. I checked weatherchannel.com, and even they had "tornado warning until 10:45 am", and that's why I went upstairs to look. Light grey skies, no wind, and light snow at the time, I was like "meh", and figured something was just messed up in the reporting.

We might get up to a foot here in Chicago. Good thing I got the car washed on Sunday.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll be getting THUNDERSNOW.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am really getting sick of this 25-35 degree weather. Just give me 40's already so all this forsaken snow can melt.

I saw that projection for next Monday as well; if it is only a couple inches I don't really care as the temps are atleast warm enough to melt that level of snow pretty quickly.

Last year on this coming Saturday I ran a 5K and it was about 50 degrees out or so. The forecast for this Saturday isn't projected to break 30.

Archived