Brewer Fanatic

2012-2013 Winter Weather thread

Patrick425
Community Moderator

It's an active weather pattern so there are 3 chances for snow in the next 9 days. A quick couple inches are possible on Monday night, especially in eastern WI. The bigger storm on Thurs-Fri favors southwest WI where a winter storm watch might be issued. The third storm in about a week might end up being the biggest one for the Midwest, but it's too early to tell where the highest totals will be.

Meanwhile, the high failed to reach 60 degrees in Miami today for the first time in over a year. Brrrr!!!!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

A new weather site (Not safe for work due to language):

Great new weather site!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It's coming down sideways in Franklin, meanwhile my ladyfriend says it isn't even snowing in Menomonee Falls.

I got home to the Falls at 3:30 and it was coming down pretty good sideways.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

The good news is the 10 day forecast doesn't show even the faintest chance for snow. I hope that holds up. I am ready for winter to be over for sure.

Its snowing again in FDL; weather channel says we have gotten around 3 inches but it seems like way more than that.

Community Moderator
The forecast failed miserably, especially in Sheboygan!!! Some areas that were expecting only a couple inches got almost a foot with near blizzard conditions. This was a big storm over the plains but it was supposed to weaken much more before it reached Wisconsin.

The forecast failed miserably, especially in Sheboygan!!! Some areas that were expecting only a couple inches got almost a foot with near blizzard conditions. This was a big storm over the plains but it was supposed to weaken much more before it reached Wisconsin.

I used to live in Sheboygan, so seeing lots of FB pictures of all the snow in Sheboygan makes me laugh. 5 years in Texas, and it's much more fun to look at pics of the snow than to live in it, drive in it or shovel it. I'm trying to give sympathy back pains to those who have to shovel! :-)

Community Moderator

I used to live in Sheboygan, so seeing lots of FB pictures of all the snow in Sheboygan makes me laugh. 5 years in Texas, and it's much more fun to look at pics of the snow than to live in it, drive in it or shovel it. I'm trying to give sympathy back pains to those who have to shovel! :-)

Yes, being in Miami right now I don't really miss the cold or especially the driving. I still enjoy giving forecasts to my family (and BF.net) for WI. I saw the whiteout in Kenosha/Racine yesterday from the DOT highway cams so I emailed my dad to leave work early before the snow hit Milwaukee.

That being said, it looks like owbc is going to be moving somewhere colder and wetter later this year... ;)

Yeah lots of snow in the month of Feb. Not huge dumpings, but it seems like it would drop 1-3 inches a couple times a week for the past 4-5 weeks. Im ready for this to start to taper off and for March to bring warmer weather. I dont want it to me 80 degrees on St. Patricks day again, just start heading toward 40 on a regular basis.

Archived