Brewer Fanatic

2012-2013 Winter Weather thread

Patrick425
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, it took the state until after 9:00 PM to conclude that state agencies in the blizzard counties should be closed Thursday, but the word is now out to those who need to know. Also, I got to and from my haircut before the precipitation really got going. Everything's comin' up hawing?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Currently raining in Waukesha. Had about an inch or two of heavy, sloppy snow last night. Forecast is calling for up to 6 inches in Waukesha....and they cancelled schools?!? Really??

Edit: Also, I'm not a meteorologist, but I'm looking at the radar on weatherunderground and I'm not seeing how Waukesha will get anywhere close to 6 inches.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Not sure how I should attack this yet. Looks like snow is pretty wet. I stupidly left the canopy on the frame on my deck and that snow is so heavy it has bent the metal like a pretzel, so looks like that might a waste of $300.00 unless I can straighten the metal next spring.

I need to be in court by 930, which is only a mile away, but not sure it would make sense to snowblow before I leave. Also, my neighbor decided Monday to have a new roof put on. Needless to say, that job isnt close to being done and they have a giant dumpster in his driveway. So that leaves his Pontiac Vibe in my driveway, parking in my 4 wheel drive SUV. Might need to snowblow just to get his car out.

EDIT - that video above cannot be for real.

Community Moderator

Waukesha isn't supposed to change back to snow until 4-6 PM this evening. When you look at the radar, the area of snow that will hit the Milwaukee/Waukesha area is currently located in Southeast Iowa. So that is the area to watch as it intensifies and moves to the NE.

All of the snow overnight was associated with the warm front and not the actual deformation band that contains the heaviest snow rates and strongest winds. The front edge of the "main event" is just approaching the Madison area now, although it may be more of a rain/snow mix in Madison and especially to the southeast.

Well for some reason I decided to hand shovel my driveway, looked like about 4-6 inches of heavy wet snow, but it moved really easily for some reason so I didnt fire up the snowblower, will save that for tonight. Got his car out of my driveway and into a small spot in his along side the dumpster. Now it is off to work.

This is some of the wettest snow I can remember. Today's is probably a grade school's kids dream. I would have built a pretty sweet fort back in the day.

I think my house has about 5-6 inches so far; nothing all that bad yet. Not really windy at all.

It was pretty awesome using my snow blower for the first time this morning. It would have taken me a long time to shovel out of the 3 foot drift the snow plows left at the base of my driveway this morning.

6-8 inches here in Madison and coming down hard. Just shoveled the first round and its really wet and heavy. Just saw a snowmobile rip through our neighborhood.

I'm really hoping that by the time it stops there is some entrepreneurial kid with a snowblower.

Community Moderator
Judging by the highway cams there is still snow in Madison but the R/S line is now in SE Dane County. It shouldn't move much for the next few hours, then it will become orientated more in a north-south direction around noon before rapidly retreating to the east. So Madison could briefly get rain mixed in. Considering they are already pushing 10", they should exceed a foot even if rain mixes in for a little while.

Judging by the highway cams there is still snow in Madison

And by my eyes looking out my window. :)

I'm actually in Middleton, so it will be interesting to see if we get any rain out of this at all.

I'll admit, I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I shoveled. Yeah, it was wet and heavy, but I have shoveled a lot more snow than I did this morning. However, we have at least another 2 inches since I finished shoveling (around 7:45), and it is coming down very hard right now.

It looks like there is a very heavy band over Madison right now...

The snow in Madison (near west side) seems not as heavy as before, but the visibility is worse and I'm not a complete fan of how the upper branches of the big trees down the block are swaying. Remember, in Dane County it's not a blizzard for another hour!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator
Madison-Truax is over a foot now. The snowfall rate is winding down, looks like the total will be somewhere in the 14" range. Seems like somewhere around Beaver Dam is going to have the highest total, probably around 16".

Archived