Brewer Fanatic

2012-2013 Winter Weather thread

Patrick425
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farmers are going to be lucky to have anything in the field before the middle of May the way this season is going.

Downpouring again.

With the amount of snow melt and rain we have gotten this year we still have not gotten close to the flood stage from June 2008. This year just makes 2008 look that much more incredible. We haven't gotten anywhere close to the 8-10 inches we got in a week that year

OWBC -

there is no doubt that snow and lower 40s are common this type of year. What I believe is unusual is outside of yesterday and I think one day in March, we havent approached "normal" in the temps department all year. It has consistently been 10-20 degrees below normal since about March 1. That is the part the seems unusual.

Community Moderator

Yes the stretch in March was quite unusual with 27 of the first 28 days below normal. There have only been 8 days above normal since March 1. Considering that the spring is usually known for sharp ups and downs, it is unexpected to stay cold for that long.

Looks like at least 6 inches of snow is a good possibility now for the NW part of the state. Areas farther SE might see minor accumulations.

Community Moderator
Yeah, I think March was the coldest since like 1983. For many people that is the coldest March ever and does make it unusual.

That's a good way to put it into perspective.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Last year was a one time thing and a spring like that is unlikely to happen again in our lifetimes.

That's the most terrible thing anyone has ever said on this forum.

But seriously.......

enough with the rain, wow. I know we're not at 2008 flood levels, but things are getting dicey around here again. Sandbags are out, some low-lying roads are starting to get barricaded off, etc,etc, etc.

Today Apr 17

PM Rain

43°F

Chance of rain:

90%

Details

Thu Apr 18

Rain / Thunder

46°

Chance of rain:

80%

Details

Fri Apr 19

Rain / Snow Showers / Wind

39°

Chance of precip:

50%

Details

Sat Apr 20

Cloudy

44°

Details

Sun Apr 21

Cloudy

51°

Details

Mon Apr 22

Few Showers

55°

Chance of rain:

30%

Details

Tue Apr 23

Few Showers

43°

Chance of rain:

30%

Details

Wed Apr 24

Showers

46°

Chance of rain:

60%

Details

Thu Apr 25

Showers

49°

Chance of rain:

40%

That's the 10 day for Oshkosh. Rain, clouds, 40s.

Im probably more vocal than most at this point because I have 4 little kids who want to play outside and havent been able to very much due to snow/cold/rain/mud. I'd take Sunny and 50 degrees from now until May 1st, even though 50 is about 5-7 degrees below normal for this time of year.

I have a 2 year old that is desperate to go to the park. I could probably handle taking her there between 50-55 degrees; the problem is that the playground equipment is still in 1 foot of water at the moment.

I got outside to go for a run yesterday and it was glorious.

Wisconsin's statewide tornado drill, originally scheduled for Thursday 4/18, has been postponed to Friday 4/19 because of the possibility of severe thunderstorms in the southeast third of the state on Thursday. (The NWS doesn't want any real warnings misinterpreted as drills.)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator
The mid-range models disagree about when the cold weather will break up. The April 26-29 period is around the time when the warm southwesterly flow finally takes over.

It has begun to snow in Milwaukee. Go away Winter...

Bizarre weather today....seems like a complete blizzard then 10 minutes later the sun is out and it's not snowing.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Community Moderator

Received a picture this morning from the inlaws of a nice coating of snow around their cabin in southwest WI. So strange to see that when we've already been locked into a summertime pattern in Florida for several weeks now.

Still two more chances for snow in WI this week before the cold pattern starts to lift.

We've been having a fairly warm April in NC as well, although March was cold (we had more 70+ days in January than March). I don't know if I ever remember a spring this cold and miserable in Wisconsin.

I've been here for two years and I already have become a wuss about cold/bad weather. I've decided that anything under 70 degrees is strict pants weather.

Our local sports teams in Milwaukee haven't played in weeks. Madison hasn't opened up it's parks for games yet this season. I am excited to finally get to play some Ultimate this week.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

According the jsonline this is the most rain Milwaukee has received in an April.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/aprils-rain-measure-already-is-one-for-the-record-book-cm9mefl-204396631.html

However, the weekend forecast is looking real good right now and after this weekend I think we might be able to finally close the 2012-13 winter weather thread.

Archived