Brewer Fanatic

2012-09-28 Astros (Gonzalez) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6]

pretendastronaut

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/astros.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 28 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Astros (51-105) | Brewers (80-76)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/astros/gonzalez-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-32.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-1, 3.94 ERA, 1.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gonzalez lasted only 1 2/3 innings in his previous start after straining his right hamstring. He came through a bullpen session on Tuesday feeling better. The right-hander is 2-0 in two road starts this season.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]16-8, 3.59 ERA, 1.29 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]A Gallardo start usually means good things for the Brewers, who are 22-10 when he takes the mound, including 11 straight wins. "He's our guy that we go to when we need to stop something bad," manager Ron Roenicke said.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Jose Altuve
  2. RF Scott Moore
  3. SS Jed Lowrie
  4. CF Justin Maxwell
  5. 1B Brett Wallace
  6. C Jason Castro
  7. LF Fernando Martinez
  8. 3B Matt Dominguez
  9. RHP Edgar Gonzalez

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Corey Hart
  6. C Martin Maldonado
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. RHP Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to admit, yesterday's loss took away some excitement of going to this game tonight, but as the day goes on, I'm getting excited again. Yes, the position sucks, but two months ago, I would have never believed that there would still be a path to the playoffs coming into the final homestand. That's exciting regardless for me.

I'm just about always happy to be at the ballpark, but as I've said elsewhere this week, I hope enough fans care tonight to give the Brewers a good reception. They are the last ones who need to be reminded of how things could have been better.

Plus, the first 10,000 fans get a rally 'stache that appears to be fuzzy. Yovani's next K will be his 200th of the season. And the weather looks to be stellar. What's not to love about this?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

NOTHING is over until we say it is.

OK, technically the Cards and Dodgers have a say, too, but let's just ignore them at this point.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???

Germans?

--Forget it, he's rolling.

As good as our offense is, and our starting pitching for the most part of the season, it is a crying shame we are where we are in the standings.

I'm guessing, if our bullpen had performed to the league average, we'd have a wildcard all sewn up.

Maddening!!!!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I prefer to look at the bright side of the Cards game. If they lose tonight and the Braves win, Washington has more incentive than ever to beat the Cards these next two games. And maybe the Cards will get gut-punched yet and then fall into a 5 game funk from which they never recover.

I feel bad for Pittsburgh fans, not only are the Pirates about to lock up their 500th consecutive non-winning season, but they might get no-hit while doing it. Ouch.

Well, at least they had a baserunner.

Barajas, Pitcher Spot, Presely due for the Pirates.

Archived