Brewer Fanatic

woo-ing at ballgames lately

DHonks
There was an idiot trying to get this started in the right field bleachers on Friday night.

He got shouted down almost immediately.... the topper being a middle aged woman yelling at him, "Didn't your mother love you?"

Sweet line! Before Saturday's game, I saw a fan with a vuvuzela in one of the parking lots, but he was either nowhere near us in the park or wasn't allowed to bring the thing in. Thankfully.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

some traditions just don't belong in Miller Park. For instance, if I caught an opponent's homer there, I wouldn't throw it back, I'd cherish it with my two foul balls. Why do the Wrigley thing? Wooing is annoying and needs to be exterminated, not encouraged.

some traditions just don't belong in Miller Park. For instance, if I caught an opponent's homer there, I wouldn't throw it back, I'd cherish it with my two foul balls. Why do the Wrigley thing? Wooing is annoying and needs to be exterminated, not encouraged.

Very much agree. Add to the list cheerleaders, discount double checks, and the wave.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

tissue boxes and waaaahbulances here

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

So you like watching baseball games with some jackwagons screaming "WOO" every 30 seconds? Interesting.

no, I just have the ability to ignore it. I know, mindblowing...

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

It's pretty obvious who is taking the criticism of "wooing" at public sporting events personally.

There is a point where anyone would find a certain level of noise pollution (either type or magnitude) unacceptable in a public setting. For many of us, 3 hours of yelling "Woooo" does it.

So you like watching baseball games with some jackwagons screaming "WOO" every 30 seconds? Interesting.

The fact that you have a high tolerance for annoying behavior doesn't mean that other people have a problem. You probably have no problems with the knuckleheads who yell "Get in the hole" when a golfer tees off on a par 4.

The fact that you have a high tolerance for annoying behavior doesn't mean that other people have a problem. You probably have no problems with the knuckleheads who yell "Get in the hole" when a golfer tees off on a par 4.

you're right, I dont have a problem with that either. im not one to rain on someone elses parade for trying to have a good time just because it bothers me.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

you're right, I dont have a problem with that either. im not one to rain on someone elses parade for trying to have a good time just because it bothers me.

I'm not one to continue (or even begin) annoying behavior just because I happen to enjoy it.

If I enjoyed going around and kicking people in the shins would it be wrong for people to ask me to stop doing it (and "rain on my parade") because it bothers them?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

This thread is quickly becoming relatable to "A letter concerning toleration" by John Locke. While i'm not one to promote woo-ing and would probably address the issue if it happened near me, it's probably just something we'll have to live with (and hope it doesn't spread to Miller park).
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

kicking someone in the shin does physical harm to someone, someone whooing or hooting/hollering over a tv broadcast doesnt, unless you have sensitive ears... so I dont see how you can try to compare the two.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

kicking someone in the shin does physical harm to someone, someone whooing or hooting/hollering over a tv broadcast doesnt, unless you have sensitive ears... so I dont see how you can try to compare the two.

So...if you are not doing "physical harm" to someone, it's ok to annoy others? Yes, they did it over a TV broadcast, but they also did it at an event attended by others who also paid money to see that event. Imagine sitting in front of someone who is doing that all game. If someone behind you were throwing peanut shells at your head all game, my guess is that you would "rain on their parade" and at the very least tell an usher about it. To most reasonable human beings, this is really not any different than that.

These people know they are annoying others (if they don't, then they are completely brain dead) and that is why they continue to do it. It's as simple of that (I guess, either way, they are brain dead). They are the equivalent to trolls on a message board (BTW..I'm not in any way suggesting you are a troll...I'm just using an analogy).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived