Brewer Fanatic

woo-ing at ballgames lately

DHonks
hard to describe the sound except as a "wooh" or "cooh", but over this entire roadtrip I've been getting annoyed by fans (especially in the mid-to-late innings) making these loud coo-ing noises seemingly every pitch. It was really bad in Pitt, noticeable in Wash, and often tonight. Am I just getting old that this annoys me? Anyone else observe this?

WOO cheering from ric flair, huge here in pittsburgh during hockey games, especially blowouts. now, most of those young hockey fans are going to pirates games because, well, they were the cool thing to do this summer. its pretty insane/annoying/hilarious at times

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

okay. I'm glad it's not just me. thanks guys. Still makes me wish they'd turn off some field mics. Also, a common thread in this road trip has been Brewers wins. Win tonight and that's 6-3 with 1 to play. So perhaps the losses are a factor.

its not a cincy thing, its a wrestling thing, do you know who ric flair even is? wrestling is abnormally huge in pittsburgh, it has been since the 80s. ric flair, for some reason, is a god, or at least his woo'ing is. its beeng oing on for over a decade, since the penguins were terrible in the early 2000's. maybe it started in cincy, who knows, but I know some 5th grader in section 53452 didnt start it up two weeks ago.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

It's extremely annoying to me and the people doing it just sound completely moronic. I really hope it's something that does not start spreading to other ball parks. If it ever comes to Miller Park, I may have to stop going to games.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I hate it, and the fact that I have to listen to it in the background is ridiculous.

What makes anyone think they look or sound cool making that asinine noise?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I hate it, and the fact that I have to listen to it in the background is ridiculous.

What makes anyone think they look or sound cool making that asinine noise?

beer

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Meth, youth, idiocy. And people who think at least two of the three in combination are cool. And god I hate feeling like a crotchety old man at the age of 43.

I have gotten to the point where I simply watched the video after a while the past two nights with no audio. For some reason it's really (inexplicably) highly annoying to me. Maybe just a sub-optimal week contributing to that feeling. I'm sure the whole thing will pass. Hopefully soon.

you guys and your judgey judgements on those who choose to whoo. what is it they say, stones and glass houses? i dont know, all I know, is, whoo baby, whoo whoo!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

you guys and your judgey judgements on those who choose to whoo. what is it they say, stones and glass houses? i dont know, all I know, is, whoo baby, whoo whoo!

[sarcasm]No...your right...just like people should not be judgmental of their neighbors who let there dogs sit in the yard and bark loudly for hours on end.[/sarcasm]

Basically the same thing.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

[sarcasm]No...your right...just like people should not be judgmental of their neighbors who let there dogs sit in the yard and bark loudly for hours on end.[/sarcasm]

Basically the same thing.

exactly the same thing

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

It most likely the sound the Pirates fans make as they come to another SUB 500 season.

i'd agree, but Penguins fans were still doing this when they won the stanley cup 3 years ago. so its not the losing part, its when they embarass someone/themselves, then the whooing comes out. pens/bluejackets game 2 years ago, 7-2 blowout in columbus, the whoo was louder than than ever

no, vuvuzelas, thems the new whoo

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Yeah...they say that. About people who complain about others doing what they do.

This damn "whoo'ing," is about as obnoxious as it gets.

I think the few people who where doing it at the games where clowns. An inning...fine. But non-freakin'-stop all game long? Really? That's your idea of fun?

No, your goal is to annoy the hell outta anyone and everyone around you, as well as the TV audience. Schroeder had a hilarious line on it when they actually had one of those horns to make the sound.

But yeah, from 1st pitch to last pitch, you're just trying to piss people off. So...mission accomplished as those games where getting just miserable to listen to.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

There was an idiot trying to get this started in the right field bleachers on Friday night.

He got shouted down almost immediately.... the topper being a middle aged woman yelling at him, "Didn't your mother love you?"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived